JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im not on facebook. The email I sent to his old campaign site did not get a response. Can someone message him on face book and ask for a good contact number or email for him? I have not recieved any reponse from the Oregon republican party either. if anyone has a contact that works with them let me know.
https://www.facebook.com/SenatorBruceStarr

So i contacted all of the Facebook pages affiliated with him that i could find. Here is what i said to him.

Hi Mr. Starr.

I'm not very good with words so i will get straight to the point. We are planning a recall effort against many of the state senators and representatives that have have supported SB 491 (universal background checks) bill up for vote today in the senate. We are wondering if we could get your help and or support for our initiative. It looks as if Chuck Riley will be our first target for getting recalled. He barely won against you by 280 some odd votes in the election last year. Here is a link to where we have started get organized. We already have have the support of a few businesses and many people are willing to step up to get this done.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...-official-over-sb-941-planning-stages.193992/

Also i want to mention that i will gladly volunteer to collect signatures for this petition. i live in district 15 as well and voted for Bruce Starr. I want to see Chuck Riley gone and packing. I will not stand for the BS these senators and democrats are pulling.

Last Edited:
Even if SB941 becomes the law, sending Riley packing along with other freedom haters will be so satisfying because it will prove to the doubters and nay sayers that the democratic process works.

So i contacted all of the Facebook pages affiliated with him that i could find. Here is what i said to him.

Hi Mr. Starr.

I'm not very good with words so i will get straight to the point. We are planning a recall effort against many of the state senators and representatives that have have supported SB 491 (universal background checks) bill up for vote today in the senate. We are wondering if we could get your help and or support for our initiative. It looks as if Chuck Riley will be our first target for getting recalled. He barely won against you by 280 some odd votes in the election last year. Here is a link to where we have started get organized. We already have have the support of a few businesses and many people are willing to step up to get this done.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...-official-over-sb-941-planning-stages.193992/

That's perfect. Thanks. The more support and groups we can get involved before we start collecting signatures the better. Even if it just telling friends and family where to go when we start. I wish we could collect signatures online since it would take about 5 seconds to get 6000 but we have to witness every signature directly.

Even if SB941 becomes the law, sending Riley packing along with other freedom haters will be so satisfying because it will prove to the doubters and nay sayers that the democratic process works.

Even if its bought and paid for by out of state lobbyist groups the first time around.

I also posted in a few other Oregon Pro 2A pages that i belong to as well as my personal page. I want to get as many people in the loop as possible that will be beneficial to our initiative.

Got in contact with our NRA grass roots organizer. I'll be talking her today or tomorrow about getting more organized. This is all coming together nicely. We are going to rock this boat quite well I think

Don't know if it's been brought up yet, but may be worthwhile to contact the Libertarian party organizers for the district. Since they took nearly 3,600 votes away from Starr, some may be willing to sign the petition. Having their member list and support could prove to be a huge help.

Not sure, but I believe that you can get the names and addresses of registered Republicans as well.

I've been digging on anything and everything I could find on Riley and found out a bunch of parents are pissed off at him for taking their right to determine what's best for their children and forcing vaccinations. I see a clear pattern in his attitudes where he thinks he knows what's best for all of us and has demonstrated willingness to take away individual rights , 2A or others, to achieve his goals. That's a reason on its own for a recall. He is not representing us as his job description suggests, he is trying to rule us.

Also someone asked if we can apply economic pressure and I believe we can. Riley just announced the formation of his district 15 business council. It consists of a number of local business representatives that meet with him once a month. I'll get the list of their names and we should contact them as well and try to get their support. These are people from various small and medium size business in district 15. They certainly would not want to be labelled as supporters of a senator that does not do his job and ignores his constituents

Got in contact with our NRA grass roots organizer. I'll be talking her today or tomorrow about getting more organized. This is all coming together nicely. We are going to rock this boat quite well I think
Glad to see that you got in touch with Keely. Make sure you explain to her that this site has 33,000 pro-gun members and gets 0ver 5000 unique hits per day. I tried to explain to her what a great resource NWFA might be in any political campaign, but I didn't have those numbers at the time. If each one of us can change the vote of just 2 people on a national issue we're talking about 100,000 votes. That same power can be applied to state and local issues as well.

Hi Mr. Starr.

<broken link removed>

I just had my grandson tweet him and link to the page also. Hopefully he gets involved.

Ray

Last Edited:
Got a email back from Kevin at OFF. Not going to publicly show our hand yet, but he is working on some good stuff on his end to help us out. Damn good stuff. If you havent yet, sign up with OFF to keep the support going

Even with the new amendment introduced, Im going continue full speed ahead planning the recall. If the bill continues forward as originally written, I still want the recall initiated before it gets a vote from the house. I dont trust the rest of the senate to actually consider this amendment though. But this gives me the weekend to do some additional planning and networking. I figured the bill would be out of committee and up for vote before the weekend.

Thanks bolus! You rock man! Let us know what we can do to help!

thanks. We will need some volunteers for the petition committee. Im thinking 4-5 of us who can get together in person. review the rules and paperwork to make sure everything is in order and then coordinate with the petitioners getting signatures. B5ben, my wife and I are in. So probably 1-2 more people.

Even with the new amendment introduced, Im going continue full speed ahead planning the recall. If the bill continues forward as originally written, I still want the recall initiated before it gets a vote from the house. I dont trust the rest of the senate to actually consider this amendment though. But this gives me the weekend to do some additional planning and networking. I figured the bill would be out of committee and up for vote before the weekend.

Bolus you are the man.
I agree with you hole heartedly don't let up ever, now that the ball is rolling. They have to be shown that to go against the people they swore to back and then follow party lines will not be accepted. Thinking that wow ! I lied my way into this job now I am free to do as I damn well please will not stand with the people of Oregon. If you get to district 7 we got senator chris Edwards who presented the clean fuels bill to the senate , he has to go also it will jack up the cost of fuel hurting Oregonions. First things first lets pickem off one at a time after all were in the drivers seat.

Regardless of what happens to sb941, I'm also fully committed to recalling Riley. This will achieve two things at the very least:
1. Even out the powers in the Senate a little assuming the replacement is not a Democrat. In my opinion, a balanced Senate is more beneficial to all Oregonians.
2. More importantly, it will send a message to all elected officials that messing with 2A rights is a political suicide. My hope is most of them would not touch an anti-rights bill with a 10 foot poll.

I think we have a good momentum going and one questionable amendment should not be relaxing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top