JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been reloading 50 years, never heard of a reloading node. Always thought it was something grew on a branch. So I'm not as nodey some of these guys lol.
It's pretty cool. Do you get it from the conversation? We can matter on forever about them if you want more. Understanding this is the only thing that makes me a competent shooter.

Ever wonder if it is an "up" node or "down, left or right" node that is the most accurate/consistent?

I didn't either.......o_O

Right and left doesn't really matter because you correct with the scope. The thing you look for is velocity nodes. At some point in the ladder your vertical dispersion/velocity is less and less effected by variations in powder.

All I node is that I've owned my stainless Model Seven (.243) since sometime around 1999, it is hands down my favorite rifle in the safe and has taken whitetail, blacktail, and elk.

Over the years I have developed two favorite loads for it. One is a varmint burner 55 grain Ballistic Tip over a load of H414. It cracks the chronograph at just over 3800 fps. It tends to open up coyotes quite well.

The other load is a 95 grain Ballistic Tip over a load of old school IMR 4350. Blacktail nightmare that load is.

The rifle itself is actually sitting on the table ready for action this morning as I type this. :)

20171030_051909.jpg

This is the offending instrument responsible for punching holes in paper.
DSCN0344.JPG

Picked it up a little while ago on GB. Somebody had fluted the barrel, drilled some holes in the left side of the receiver and hollowed out the underside of the bolt handle to reduce a little more weight. They did a nice job on that stuff, but I had to have the crown re-cut since that was not cut square when the barrel was shortened to 18" from the factory 20". Mounted a Leupold 2.5-8x36, adjusted the trigger, and it shoots better than you would expect this little gun should.

This is the offending instrument responsible for punching holes in paper.
View attachment 401388

Picked it up a little while ago on GB. Somebody had fluted the barrel, drilled some holes in the left side of the receiver and hollowed out the underside of the bolt handle to reduce a little more weight. They did a nice job on that stuff, but I had to have the crown re-cut since that was not cut square when the barrel was shortened to 18" from the factory 20". Mounted a Leupold 2.5-8x36, adjusted the trigger, and it shoots better than you would expect this little gun should.
You know year of manufacture? The stock looks identical to mine and I had read that it was supplied to Remington by another manufacturer. (McMillan?)

E

It is just the factory stock from Remington. This one was made between 2000 and 2004ish I think because it has the stupid "J" lock on the bolt shroud. They changed the stock look a little bit post 2005 when they got bought by freedom group and started cheapening things up. Definitely not a McMillan stock.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top