JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

When you go to the range, how many guns do you take?

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 19 15.3%

Votes: 40 32.3%

Votes: 33 26.6%

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 6+

Votes: 24 19.4%

• Total voters
Really depends on what I'm going for and how much time I have. If I'm practicing with my carry gun, then it's usually the only one I take. If I'm not pressed for time and want to do more, then it's probably in the 3-4 range.

On average two. There will be days I want to only work one gun/caliber. I might have got extra ammo in the closet, or haven't shot a certain one for a while. Then some times three including running a few the the carry gun.

2-4. It depends on how long its been since Ive been out shooting.

If its been a while I take more out to get that range fix. Usually shooting just for fun. If Ive gone every weekend of the month I bring it down to just 2, usually a pistol and a rifle and I focus on skill.

Depends, if i'm planning on hitting the main range, then its 1 or 2 long guns and maybe the No Name.
If its the north range, its the benelli and 3-4 handguns, Or maybe just 22s.

It seems I don't get out to the range for fun anymore. I always have works to do like sighting this scope, readjusting those iron sights, testing out this load, etc. In which case I bring only the 3 or 4 guns that need work.

For fun I compete. On those days I only bring one.

I voted for 4.

I usually want to bring them all until I look at my ammo supply and think about the time to clean them and I reconsider.
I said in the survey 4 guns.
I always take a pistol to shoot and one to keep in the holster for back up/protection
And then usually an AR15 and a .22 rifle for fun.

Sometimes I'll bring the hunting rifle, but I usually make a special trip for for rifle shooting from 100yds and out:

Need a sliding range. I seldom take just one or two. More often, I take 3, and if I'm bringing someone, I'll take 5-7 (rifles, ARs, pistols, shotguns). For me, there's no such thing as a 'quickie' when it comes to range time.

Depends on if I have customer guns to be test fired.

If it's just mine, between 3 and 7, one of which is always loaded and in its holster. Lessons learned from the Miami shootout.

1-5

Depends if I'm just plinking or working in accuracy. If I'm doing accuracy shooting it's 1. If I'm having fun blowing through my kids inheritance then it's as many as I have cases for and time.

4 is the number I would normally bring were I to visit a range often! I have my own range at home, so numbers don't matter then! If I am hunting prairie dawgs or rats, then I have a few Rifles with me for that ( that's my range time) The rest of the time, I am usually just working in load development and may only have ONE with me at a time! I do carry a high power rifle and pistol at all times living in BIG BEAR country!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top