JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

When you go to the range, how many guns do you take?

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 19 15.3%

Votes: 40 32.3%

Votes: 33 26.6%

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 6+

Votes: 24 19.4%

• Total voters
At least 3 pistols. Always like to bring a target 22 pistol plus the center fire pistols.
And at least 2 rifles. Trying different loads. I clean the rifles every time
but not the pistols. Unless it is a carry gun. :D

Glad to hear it. Too often I go to the range and it seems like I've got three boxes with five guns and I'm surrounded by guys with one box and one gun. I thought maybe it was just me.

I used to take 3 or 4 but then I found that I wasn't concentrating on my shooting because I was anxious to move on to the next gun. Now I only take one and give it my full attention. Of course now I go to the range once a week, rain or shine, so all my guns see range time.

I most often take only one pistol to the range. The wife also brings hers. I voted 1. Should I have voted two 'cause the wife lets me shoot hers? Oh the confusion LOL. I still get to clean them both afterwards however.
Seriously, I am mostly working on specific training issues with the pistol I carry to the range. Now that I am shooting in a big city indoor range I would feel [ fill in the blank ] bringing my truck loaded up with toys. First time ever to be shooting indoors! Much different than shooting back on our outdoor country gun range. Sometimes we would have to wait while the deer grazed their way across our shooting lanes. Where do they go when it is hunting season? Gotta be a Gubmint study for that somewhere. Anyhoo, there are no deer at the indoor range. But ya'll knew that didn't yas? Be safe out there.

I've done my impression of the Shooting Range Octopus on occasion when I'm bringing new shooters, or for some god awful reason I just feel compelled to take a buttload of guns to the range, but those days are long gone, I've really gotten burned out taking new shooters to the range as of late, mostly because it's exhausting and it cuts into my range time and ammo budget. It's also a factor that since I work in the gun industry, range trips are not always just about fun, and more often than not, there's some specific thing I need to get data on. The range I currently have a membership at, is private, and also has a campground. I've been getting into the habit of showing up on sundays, doing all my work, camping for the night, maybe tabulating some results or doing some science, and then monday I just hang out and de-stress and screw around ("hey, think you could hit the 300 yard plate with your 9mm handgun").

Almost invariably, I always take my handgun and my AR, and then the other two will be for whatever is work related.

My gun box is this large aluminum case that fits 3 rifles, and my handgun always goes. So invariably... I always end up with 4 guns.

Depends. One of my outdoor ranges has pistol starting at 25 yds. I won't bring my snubbies. Rifle range is single shot only - centerfire that is - so I will only take a semi-automatic for sighting in a scope or red dot. I might bring a lever or a bolt action. Indoors, it's mostly several guns in a single caliber. I typically I bring one on the hip, and 2 to shoot. Last time, however, I was overdue, I tried to make up for my abstinence, and shot too many (300) 38SP+P and 357s from small guns. Now I have a tennis arm. ;-) To answer the OP: My average is 3.

I rarely make a short trip out of it and there is always work to do on something. Generally its 5-6 (plus CC) and I dont always shoot all of them. Just kinda depends where I go, who I am with, and if it's a long or short range shooting day. I try to give rifles and pistols separate range trips to focus on technique/skill improvement.

I'm with most everyone else.

If I'm bringing non shooters then I load up.

If it's just me 2 minimum and 4-5 max generally. (It helps my ammo supply to diversify some vs just shooting 9mm all day).

One CC pistol always goes clean and stays clean and on me.

Since I drive about 87 miles, one way, to my range, ARPC, I tend to go firearms heavy. Handguns, 8-10. Rifles, 4-5. I may not even take them all out of the truck, but they're available if I want them. I generally shoot the carry gun first, unless I'm on the rifle range. LOL!!! I also take too much gear! But it's 87 miles to pick up that brass hammer or box of rounds.;)

Since I drive about 87 miles, one way, to my range, ARPC, I tend to go firearms heavy. Handguns, 8-10. Rifles, 4-5. I may not even take them all out of the truck, but they're available if I want them. I generally shoot the carry gun first, unless I'm on the rifle range. LOL!!! I also take too much gear! But it's 87 miles to pick up that brass hammer or box of rounds.;)

I'm only about 30 from ARPC, so it's not as bad. I need to join this year, as all the spots in the woods have disappeared...

I'm only about 30 from ARPC, so it's not as bad. I need to join this year, as all the spots in the woods have disappeared...
One of the many nice things about ARPC is the ability to do volunteer work for the club and get a reduction in annual dues. Volunteering for events and for work on the ranges is very informative for me, and I get to interact with people I may not normally meet at the club.

When I go to a range, I take anything that needs the zero verified. If I'm out for a "Dirt Shoot",
it will be the rifle of the day, a .22lr rifle and a hand gun. Sometimes I don't shoot the hand gun. It's just a fixture.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top