JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

When you go to the range, how many guns do you take?

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 19 15.3%

Votes: 40 32.3%

Votes: 33 26.6%

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 6+

Votes: 24 19.4%

• Total voters
I always start shooting something 22LR & sometimes 22WMR (revolver), after shooting 100-120 rounds I move up to 1 or 2 of any of the following calibers: 380, 9, 40, 45, sometimes 32/327, 38/357, 44 and once in a blue moon, 45LC, 454, 460. Typically shoot two other calibers, but now and then I shoot same caliber but in different brands and sizes. Sometimes testing something new to see how it compares to what I own.

If it's just me, then two or three, but if it's a range guest day, where members can bring their buddies, spousal units, co-workers et al along for a new experience, then I usually take a BP rifle and handgun, a couple or three .22s of different actions including a left-hander and maybe three or four classics - y'know, guns made of wood and steel with fair-sized holes down the barrel.

Most people get a real 'kick' - in more ways than one - out of shooting any kind of a handgun, even one where you have to do everything for yourself. And as for the muzzleloading rifle........well. Shooting something like a Snider is a just mind-blowing for some - one young guy wanted to join up there and then. And why not? :)

tac

I used to take 3 or 4 but then I found that I wasn't concentrating on my shooting because I was anxious to move on to the next gun. Now I only take one and give it my full attention. Of course now I go to the range once a week, rain or shine, so all my guns see range time.

Sir, you is a stay-at-home, for sure. I go shooting three, sometimes four times a week. Shame on you! ;)

tac

Sir, you is a stay-at-home, for sure. I go shooting three, sometimes four times a week. Shame on you! ;)

tac
I don't need to go to a range, unless I don't want to range my targets (which involves too much math, I HATE math). I just go to my buddy's house. Only price is beer.

Wish I could afford to shoot 3 to 4 times a week! :(

You must be one of those 1 percenters demonized by the left!:D

I'm a finally-retired senior officer in the BA, with three pensions. Plus I live only 9 miles from my gun club and reload everything except .22rimfire.

Your left can blow its policies up its a$$.

Our left here doesn't give a hoot.

Enjoy!

tac

I don't need to go to a range, unless I don't want to range my targets (which involves too much math, I HATE math). I just go to my buddy's house. Only price is beer.

I could do that here, too, except that I'd hit at least five other houses...

This place is crowded, y'know, there's 65 million other folks here, and they all live next door to me.

tac

I'm a finally-retired senior officer in the BA, with three pensions. Plus I live only 9 miles from my gun club and reload everything except .22rimfire.

Your left can blow its policies up its a$$.

Our left here doesn't give a hoot.

Enjoy!

tac

My ancestor did not go to the range either and yet after running a mile he was able to ruin the day of several Lobsters as they skittered home from Concord. That was just the start of course
th?id=OIP.Me5b6a594a527ebb7146d0c4a1e7783d2o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg
Heck, he even earned a pension he'd have not gotten if there were no Brits to kill. Not bad days work for a subject of the Crown;)

Depends on what kind of range. If going to the indoor range to practice with my EDC's, then only two or three. If going out in the woods to shoot for the day, then a whole bunch more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top