JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

When you go to the range, how many guns do you take?

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 19 15.3%

Votes: 40 32.3%

Votes: 33 26.6%

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 6+

Votes: 24 19.4%

• Total voters
Yeah, I've seen the plans for the 1000 yard range. Im not convinced how well it will work, but can't wait to see them try. I will probably join in the next few months.

It really depends on if its a family thing range day or if I want to work up a load for a certain rifle... Family day gets crazy with the amount of firearms and ammo that come out of the cars...

I like range day for my self, I get more done :)

Yah, if ya like shooting in the swamp!

I spent a year in Elizabeth City. Loved largemouth bass fishing in the river and sloughs, and loved the coast. Fished for stripers... what a hoot!!!

Never did shoot there though.
I was in the foothills area, about 20 miles west of Charlotte, we had property that sounded like a war zone on a daily basis!

Like others above have said, depends on the occasion. If I'm just going to Johnson Creek by myself then it's just a couple of 45's and ammo. If I'm taking a friend or the kids then some other guns come along as well. But Tovo nailed it, depends how many I feel like cleaning later. Lol

Since i'm prone to milsurp, i usually only bring 2 rifles because so much cleaning is involved afterword. One gun has to cool down, so i shoot the other.

If i'm out with handguns, i usually bring 3.

If I'm by myself, the things I need to work with. Sometimes equates out to 2 or 3 at most. Usually it's only 1. I'm also usually on my way home from work, or have a rare moment to myself on a weekend so too many can easily take up too much time.

With the significant other, anywhere from 4 to the whole collection.

When I'm going with friends or showing foreigners what shooting is like, the whole collection comes and it fills up a cart. :D

Around here ranges are so scarce and so far away I take as many as possible. Last time I took around 25 and spent the whole day shooting and put > 5k rounds downrange. I was there before the range opened and they literally had to chase me out at closing!!! Ranges around here are almost nonexistent !! So you get all the shooting in when you can ! About 50 miles away is the closest nowadays for me.

Most times about 4 rifles and 2 handguns. However, that changes depending on if I'm shooting comp or just going for practice... I was supposed to be shooting bowling pins today, but they canceled for weather. I would have taken 3 or 4 pistols. Later today I may go shooting with a buddy and he'll take a couple rifles we are developing loads for and a few of my rifles and probably a couple pistols..

1-5

Depends if I'm just plinking or working in accuracy. If I'm doing accuracy shooting it's 1. If I'm having fun blowing through my kids inheritance then it's as many as I have cases for and time.

I'm just the opposite. If I'm developing loads or shooting for accuracy, I'll bring 4 or 5 rifles, depending on weather/heat. This gives the barrel a chance to cool a bit... Just a thunk..;)

I reload for everything except rimfire, so if it's semi-auto, one or two. Revolvers and bolt guns three plus. Picking up brass gets old fast.

I'm with you, Tom! Since I almost always shoot autoloaders I've got good brass catching gear! It's a PITA, but better than sweeping, sorting and determining who's brass it is!:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top