JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

When you go to the range, how many guns do you take?

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 19 15.3%

Votes: 40 32.3%

Votes: 33 26.6%

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 6+

Votes: 24 19.4%

• Total voters
Really depends on what I'm going for and how much time I have. If I'm practicing with my carry gun, then it's usually the only one I take. If I'm not pressed for time and want to do more, then it's probably in the 3-4 range.

On average two. There will be days I want to only work one gun/caliber. I might have got extra ammo in the closet, or haven't shot a certain one for a while. Then some times three including running a few the the carry gun.

2-4. It depends on how long its been since Ive been out shooting.

If its been a while I take more out to get that range fix. Usually shooting just for fun. If Ive gone every weekend of the month I bring it down to just 2, usually a pistol and a rifle and I focus on skill.

Depends, if i'm planning on hitting the main range, then its 1 or 2 long guns and maybe the No Name.
If its the north range, its the benelli and 3-4 handguns, Or maybe just 22s.

It seems I don't get out to the range for fun anymore. I always have works to do like sighting this scope, readjusting those iron sights, testing out this load, etc. In which case I bring only the 3 or 4 guns that need work.

For fun I compete. On those days I only bring one.

I voted for 4.

I usually want to bring them all until I look at my ammo supply and think about the time to clean them and I reconsider.
I said in the survey 4 guns.
I always take a pistol to shoot and one to keep in the holster for back up/protection
And then usually an AR15 and a .22 rifle for fun.

Sometimes I'll bring the hunting rifle, but I usually make a special trip for for rifle shooting from 100yds and out:

Need a sliding range. I seldom take just one or two. More often, I take 3, and if I'm bringing someone, I'll take 5-7 (rifles, ARs, pistols, shotguns). For me, there's no such thing as a 'quickie' when it comes to range time.

Depends on if I have customer guns to be test fired.

If it's just mine, between 3 and 7, one of which is always loaded and in its holster. Lessons learned from the Miami shootout.

1-5

Depends if I'm just plinking or working in accuracy. If I'm doing accuracy shooting it's 1. If I'm having fun blowing through my kids inheritance then it's as many as I have cases for and time.

4 is the number I would normally bring were I to visit a range often! I have my own range at home, so numbers don't matter then! If I am hunting prairie dawgs or rats, then I have a few Rifles with me for that ( that's my range time) The rest of the time, I am usually just working in load development and may only have ONE with me at a time! I do carry a high power rifle and pistol at all times living in BIG BEAR country!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top