JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to buy a couple thousand range/ball to get me going on my new 1911 that's in route.
Are there any hot deals out there?
#Brass case only*

I found Remington UMC .45 ACP 230gr 500/$130 before shipping/tax.
Before I commit, any better prices out there I should know of?

Thanks

I would look at SG Ammo for a comparison. They always seem to come through with very good price. Had been buying all my .22 ammo from Academy for many years and most other from other places till I found SG from someone here. Last time I wanted more .22 Academy was out of my flavor, so checked SG. Case of CCI MM was $1.50 per sleeve cheaper than Academy even. $6 per sleeve delivered. Seem to be great people and orders always show up in a week. UPS guy probably does not like me much :)

Somehow i ended up on a mailing list for "target sports u.s.a." i have not purchased anything yet, but they send me email specials weekly, that are pretty tempting.
Target Sports USA - Free Shipping On Bulk Ammo & All Firearms

looks like your price for 500 rounds is pretty good. depends on how bad they gouge you for shipping.

That's the nut in the nutshell. The ammo I mention above, not a bad price. Total up 1500rnds and the shipping is $79+
Deal killer for me.

Dunno why I'm being such a stickler for a deal on ammo, but stepping up from 9mm to .45, ya feel it.
What I need to do is invest in a reloading outfit and cut the middle man.

I've had really good luck at BiMart. I don't know where you're located (non2A-CA, NJ MD)? So not sure you have them where you're at? 500 rounds Blazer Brass 230gr for $135.70. No shipping no sales tax. And then $2 bucks per 50 rounds per mail in rebate = $115.70/500. Of course waiting for the stupid rebate to come in the mail...hard to quantify if worth the hassle.

I've had really good luck at BiMart. I don't know where you're located (non2A-CA, NJ MD)? So not sure you have them where you're at? 500 rounds Blazer Brass 230gr for $135.70. No shipping no sales tax. And then $2 bucks per 50 rounds per mail in rebate = $115.70/500. Of course waiting for the stupid rebate to come in the mail...hard to quantify if worth the hassle.
Bi-Mart is close enough. Wally World as well. I haven't been to either, yet.
The rebates, yes it is really a hassle. It's been said before. Price it for the difference in rebate, and I'll buy more!!

Dunno why I'm being such a stickler for a deal on ammo, but stepping up from 9mm to .45, ya feel it.
What I need to do is invest in a reloading outfit and cut the middle man.

Yes, if you want to shoot .45 rolling your own can save quite a bit. 9mm has gotten to the point I long ago stopped bothering. Could not save enough BUT, I always tell people buy and learn to load. Even though I no longer roll 9mm I keep PLENTY of stuff to do it again. Remember the last great panic? It is amazing how few do. As soon as a great shortage is over it's like no one remembers it happened. So learn to roll your own and keep supplies. Even if you don't want to use them now you may be real glad you had them next great shortage :)

Somehow i ended up on a mailing list for "target sports u.s.a." i have not purchased anything yet, but they send me email specials weekly, that are pretty tempting.

looks like your price for 500 rounds is pretty good. depends on how bad they gouge you for shipping.

I've had good experiences as a customer of both TargetSports and SG Ammo. IIRC, the former typically quotes prices including shipping, whereas SGAmmo usually adds on less than $20 for shipping 1k rounds of 9mm or .45.

The last year, I have increasingly been rolling my own, but agree it doesn't make as much financial sense at current ammo prices, unless you also bought a lot of your components at long ago prices.

Target Sports has free shipping on bulk. Just placed my second order for 1k 9mm. Shipping fast as well.

After my recent run-in with UMC I'll avoid that flavor of munitions for the rest of my life. There are other options.

This is not one of those "Yeah my buddy has xyz and abc and blew jpq all across the blah blah blah."
These were in one container. Two made it through my QC and were loaded into my magazines, one was caught loading magazines and one was missed and was still in the container.

.300 BLK

IMG_1743.jpeg IMG_1744.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top