JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This was my first rally so I don't have anything to compare it to but d**n, what a disorganized turd. I hope KATU got a lot of footage of that Confederate Flag on the steps. Jesus H. Christ.

If I wanted to hear about visions of angels as tall as telephone poles, I would have stayed home and watched TBN. And for the record, "No", I don't want to join the Sons of the Confederacy or whatever the hell it was called.

If last years rally was as well organized as today's was, I know why only 200 people showed up instead of 3,000.

It was nice to meet Ken, I mean Kevin, at the OFF tent. I'm genuinely thankful for all of the hard work he puts into keeping us informed with what's going on at the Capitol. I was just expecting more stirring and motivating speakers than what was there.

Yes, I found it borderline offensive to have the confederate flag on the stage at all...but I found it greatly offensive to have it up there next to old glory during the pledge. Last I checked the confederacy was dissolved and the people in the crowd are not confederates. I could have done without the angels story too. I felt like yelling "Yes...we have all tried mushrooms. Now get on with the gun related stuff."

Yes, I found it borderline offensive to have the confederate flag on the stage at all...but I found it greatly offensive to have it up there next to old glory during the pledge. Last I checked the confederacy was dissolved and the people in the crowd are not confederates. I could have done without the angels story too. I felt like yelling "Yes...we have all tried mushrooms. Now get on with the gun related stuff."

Borderline offensive????

Gun control in Oregon just Made it to the fast track.
What you've got here is a public relations disaster.

PlayboyPenguin I have a confession to make. When I first got to the rally and I saw you were there I got so excited, my heart started racing as I walked towards you, and then when I got to meet you I started acting like a twelve year old school girl getting to meet Justin Bieber.

I was lucky enough that you got so distracted by fat Elvis's angel story that I was able clip a lock of your beard and I will cherish it forever!
In fact I am sniffing it right now as I type, for those of you who want to know it smells of KFC and gun oil. :s0114:
I am sure your first order of business next week will be to get a restraining order against me.

In all seriousness I had a great time talking with you, you are a very kind and very intelligent person. Thanks so much for chatting with me and I Look forward to seeing you at the next rally.

I wouldn't worry about plants, we are our own worst enemy. If the firearms community can't focus on the subject without trotting out the fringe elements front and center, then we shouldn't be surprised when we get our azzes handed to us.

Estimates of the number of attendees at the rally. I'd think about 800-1000. What do you folks think. I was there shortly after 12 noon and stayed to just after 2 pm.

I wish. 200 if we were lucky. Take a pic and just count heads, you won't get to that number even. Yes a few left a few came but
closer to 200, aggravating to say the least.

I wish. 200 if we were lucky. Take a pic and just count heads, you won't get to that number even. Yes a few left a few came but
closer to 200, aggravating to say the least.

I disagree, 200 is nearly as pessimistic of an under count, as 800 is an overly optimistic over count.

I do think the OSP estimate of 350 was close, but probably a little on the low side, more like 400.

I disagree, 200 is nearly as pessimistic of an under count, as 800 is an overly optimistic over count.

I do think the OSP estimate of 350 was close, but probably a little on the low side, more like 400.

Take the photos and count heads. I took a lot of them if you want them posted. I wish it were higher ....many times higher.

I just took one wide angle shot and counted, and even counted the people across the street by the food and coffee stand and came up with a generous 149

Estimates of the number of attendees at the rally. I'd think about 800-1000. What do you folks think. I was there shortly after 12 noon and stayed to just after 2 pm.

Not even if you counted everyone twice. OSP would seem to be a qualified neutral observer but I think their estimate of 350 was high.

Not even if you counted everyone twice. OSP would seem to be a qualified neutral observer but I think their estimate of 350 was high.

They were reporting a guesstimate and my bet is it was easy duty and they overestimated to justify so many being there.
I sure as hell wish it were more that we could count. It would have sent a much stronger message. But at least there were at least a couple hundred patriots there.

Take the photos and count heads. I took a lot of them if you want them posted. I wish it were higher ....many times higher.

I took a bunch too, without taking photos from the top of the steps it was hard to get a real good view of the crowd.

For reference, here's one I took from the steps at just before noon. There is just shy of 50 people on the parking strip then. By the time things actually got started the crowd was not merely 4x that.

Yeah we wanted thousands, but I don't think there's need to be so pessimistic about it. A few minutes ago Katu had their blurb on the rally, they said we had hundreds, they played a favorable clip of a young family speaking to Dan Cassuto. We can do better, but lets not beat ourselves up about it yet.

690ea928-e875-4b68-8e3c-21e375e67695_zps6454876c.jpg

I took a bunch too, without taking photos from the top of the steps it was hard to get a real good view of the crowd.

For reference, here's one I took from the steps at just before noon. There is just shy of 50 people on the parking strip then. By the time things actually got started the crowd was not merely 4x that.

Yeah we wanted thousands, but I don't think there's need to be so pessimistic about it. A few minutes ago Katu had their blurb on the rally, they said we had hundreds, they played a favorable clip of a young family speaking to Dan Cassuto. We can do better, but lets not beat ourselves up about it yet.

Cool about katu. They actually did a good report? Amazing.
No there was a better turnout than any anti group, but we could have done better.
I was honestly expecting 2 to 3 thousand there.
Here are a few between 1 and 2:30

atu4e2y8.jpg

4umyhu5u.jpg

muzagu2a.jpg

And have to get Kevin and Bryan in there :)
a8u4anyr.jpg

690ea928-e875-4b68-8e3c-21e375e67695_zps6454876c.jpg

Not meant to be a follow on to the discussion on crowd size, these were just some of my better photos that I thought people would enjoy.

I believe this was the first young lady speaking, I don't recall her name, but both she and the second lady were well spoken and articulate. Bravo.

Struggling to get good photos of the crowd.

While an AWB isn't on the docket this session, I still like this sign.

Ryan Tuttle, Threat Dynamics, giving us a run down of their gun raffle.

I kind of enjoy getting photos of the troopers looking bored while surrounded by guns. It upsets my liberal family members when I share them on facebook :).

1_zpsdecc2b78.jpg 2_zpsb987301e.jpg 4_zpsb0e5f927.jpg 3_zps401d284b.jpg 5_zps0ca78477.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top