JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So just using common sense why is California building a bullet train spending billions while the state is out of water? Wouldn't it make more sense building desalination water plants with the money so the state can have water and grow?

Why is it Starbucks wants to talk race yet has no Starbucks in Furgeson?

Got any other questions you are wondering about?

well first is a CA problem that has no effect on your tax dollars and the second is a discussion happening that does not use tax dollars to begin with. neither of which are movements that come with legislation that could effect our lives. your right, i dont see how they matter to either of us. being annoyed or offended by either of them would just be silly.

"well first is a CA problem that has no effect on your tax dollars"
It will when crop insurance and fed farm subsidies need to be increased to farms that have no water. Not to mention the cost of produce increasing. Farm workers without jobs. Related industries laying off workers. Long term investments in orchards wiped out cut down and possibly never coming back. etc...

" second is a discussion happening that does not use tax dollars to begin with "
Just because it isn't tax dollars involved doesn't mean it can't concern someone. My tax dollars don't pay for a lot of things that can concern someone.

well first is a CA problem that has no effect on your tax dollars and the second is a discussion happening that does not use tax dollars to begin with. neither of which are movements that come with legislation that could effect our lives. your right, i dont see how they matter to either of us. being annoyed or offended by either of them would just be silly.

You do realize the California drought has left them with one year of water and 80% of our produce comes from California? Why is it in the worst of a drought they build a bullet train instead of water desalination plants?

Why is it they want a conversation on race but only with one side?

I would say what happens in California (as noted above) does impact the rest of us, especially on the west coast. California's actions and legislation often have far reaching impact around the country. And the influence they have on us here in Oregon can't be denied. When states like CA set precedents by building things like monorails, they give strength to legislators in other states to do the same. Just look at all the money we've spent on light rail over the years - and those projects were heavily encouraged by similar projects in other states and countries. How long may it be before we're suddenly spending money on the west coast monorail running from CA to Canada?

Make no mistake, we do need to keep an eye on what happens in CA. If not, we may be left with microstamped pistols and serial numbered ammo. Keep a watch on them, pay attention to what they're doing. Many of them have moved north and brought their backward thinking with them, now guiding the political direction of the state. I think the question is very valid.

As for my 2 cents, I think it's a waste of money, they should be building desalination plants (actually they already have some under way, but they will need a lot) as well as working on water reclamation from the LA river (which dumps billions of gallons of water into the Pacific every time it rains). Starbuck's, well, I do care less about what they do, and honestly, no one has written anything on my cup, and I hope they keep it that way.

One of the biggest problems with desalination plants is that they create a huge amount of waste salt that generally is pumped back out to sea.
But with California's Ocean & Coastal Protection Act and all the other federal regulatory measures, pumping millions of gallons of concentrated salt water back out into the same area on a continual daily basis results in a toxic environment for the natural inhabitants located in the area.

So just using common sense why is California building a bullet train spending billions while the state is out of water? Wouldn't it make more sense building desalination water plants with the money so the state can have water and grow?

Why is it Starbucks wants to talk race yet has no Starbucks in Furgeson?

Got any other questions you are wondering about?

Yes, as a matter of fact I do have a question I have always wondered about. Why do men think that Penny Loafers are fashionable? Even women for that matter.
Oh, wait a minute...perhaps I've gone on to "pet peeves" rather than wondering! :eek:

Wifey

Yes, as a matter of fact I do have a question I have always wondered about. Why do men think that Penny Loafers are fashionable? Even women for that matter.
Oh, wait a minute...perhaps I've gone on to "pet peeves" rather than wondering! :eek:

Wifey

And how long has that question haunted you?:D

Why not use the brine to make sea salt? I mean really, there are other options besides pumping it back into the Ochen...

Please see: (language) fast forward to 3:30
for reference you will chuckle. Take a break from the political and laugh.

Last Edited:
IOTE="Just Jim, post: 1241590, member: 380"]And how long has that question haunted you?:D[/QUOTE]

It has been an issue for me for many years. I swear I can spot them a mile away and what really hurts is when they are worn with no socks!
Years back I had a member of my management team that wore them. SHE even had the pennies in them. Boy, those were tough times for me.

Wifey

One of the biggest problems with desalination plants is that they create a huge amount of waste salt that generally is pumped back out to sea.
But with California's Ocean & Coastal Protection Act and all the other federal regulatory measures, pumping millions of gallons of concentrated salt water back out into the same area on a continual daily basis results in a toxic environment for the natural inhabitants located in the area.

Utah has figured out what to do with a lake of salt. You would think all those trend setters would be able to figure out how to deal with it

"well first is a CA problem that has no effect on your tax dollars"
It will when crop insurance and fed farm subsidies need to be increased to farms that have no water. Not to mention the cost of produce increasing. Farm workers without jobs. Related industries laying off workers. Long term investments in orchards wiped out cut down and possibly never coming back. etc...

" second is a discussion happening that does not use tax dollars to begin with "
Just because it isn't tax dollars involved doesn't mean it can't concern someone. My tax dollars don't pay for a lot of things that can concern someone.

And it will matter when they try to suck the water out of Washington and Oregon..............................

IOTE="Just Jim, post: 1241590, member: 380"]And how long has that question haunted you?:D

It has been an issue for me for many years. I swear I can spot them a mile away and what really hurts is when they are worn with no socks!
Years back I had a member of my management team that wore them. SHE even had the pennies in them. Boy, those were tough times for me.

Wifey[/QUOTE]

:D MMMM such an issue, could this involve a foot fetish?

".....Here it is: Why?!"

Here's the answer you're looking for, but it only works if GOD says it.
(and for my Mom for the first few years of my life)....

...Because I said so !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads