JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've been shopping around for SW revolvers (mostly the 627 Pro or PC) but I keep reading horrible QC problems on these, even the PC guns.

Has anyone purchased any recently? Has the QC gone back to what it was before or is it still bad?

I wouldn't worry about Performance Center IMO.

I've purchased 3 S&W revolvers in the last 5 years - one new, two used, one of the used ones is a PC. Not sure how old the used ones are, but I think they are probably fairly recent. They all seem to be fine quality. I have not shot them a lot, but they work and I don't see anything wrong with them.

Thanks Heretic,

Yeah, I saw one at the LGS and it seems to be very good quality. I just wanted to try buying one online and didn't want to deal with a bad QC gun.

My experience: I bought a new 66-8 last October. It had a recurring light strike issue. My gunsmith replaced the springs with an after-market set he says he does for LE. That and a 500 round tune have cleared the issue. It is now flawless.

FWIW, I have owned a 586, 686, 686+ and a JM 625 and they have all been very good.

The 627 PC i handled at the shop was very nice was well. was just curious as I have seen some bad reviews for guns produced in the last 2-3 years. Canted barrels, missed timing, burrs on the forcing cone, burrs on the crown, etc.

Just didn't want to deal with sending it back if I were to purchase online. May just pay a bit more and get it at the LGS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top