JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As long as there is people that will pay these outrageous prices they will continue to charge those prices, I understand people need ammunition but at some point we've got a look around and say, no!

No one would appreciate myself, nor anyone else being a "price Czar". I wouldn't want anyone telling me what the value is of anything I want to sell, if I wanted to. Let alone regulate such. Think about it for a bit...

You should inform Mr. Biden so he can take you off the short list for "Price Czar". I'm sure he'll be disappointed, but this will give him the opportunity to name a marginalized person to the position.

I've said it before and I'll say it again as long as people keep Paying those prices they are going to charge those prices, and I do understand not having enough ammunition to feel comfortable but good God when do you draw the line?

I've said it before and I'll say it again as long as people keep Paying those prices they are going to charge those prices, and I do understand not having enough ammunition to feel comfortable but good God when do you draw the line?

My dad used to say that some people had more money than sense.

I remember swearing that I wouldn't pay $1 for a gallon of gas. Or a pack of cigarettes.

Don't know which is the closer analogy to ammunition. Or if either is. But I feel like the old guy...

pfr.png

While I don't like the prices these days either, at the same time I understand it. I had 20 years in the grocery biz before making a career change. That industry is all about extremely low profit margins and high volume. That's great when you have a 50,000 or 100,000 sq ft store to stock and sell from and a million dollars in inventory at any given moment on the shelf.

Oversimplified but the concept below stands. Sure stores sell more than just ammo but bear with me.

Small mom and pop gun shops can't run 500,000 transactions a month through their store. IF they were selling ammo before at let's say a $1 or $2 a box markup but they were selling 2,000 boxes a month that's $2000 to $4000 a month in profit.

Now everyone and their brother is buying everything they can. The stores are not getting what they are ordering, they are getting single digit percentages of what they are ordering. IF they only get 200 boxes in a month and did the same $1 to $2 markup, they can't sell enough to pay rent, taxes, insurance, employees, etc. That 200 boxes needs a $20 markup to get to the same $4000 profit mark.

Sure they can lay off most or all of their employees, they can trim hours they are open but the hard costs like their monthly lease, base utility rates like phone, power, etc. insurance et all. Those expenses remain unchanged no matter if they sell 1 box or 100,000 boxes of ammo a month.

Yeah yeah "they sell other things too to make up for it" not quite. Guns are in short supply too. Instead of selling 200 firearms a month they might only be getting in 10 or 20.

The price gouging sucks, but there is a minimum amount of profit dollars they must earn just to keep the doors open. If the number of transactions drop 1000 fold because the product doesn't exist to sell, then what they sell has to be marked up more to cover those expenses.

Keep looking in the forum. Stuff pops up. If you live near a BiMart, check there often because when they get ammo in they sell it at normal prices. Yeah, your timing is a bit wonky but hey, you're in now and there's no going back! :D
thank you! Got a Brazilian Mauser and a Spanish Mauser so far! 8mm is hard to come by, but I got a good enough deal on 7mm for the Brazilian.

thank you! Got a Brazilian Mauser and a Spanish Mauser so far! 8mm is hard to come by, but I got a good enough deal on 7mm for the Brazilian.

How much are you looking for? ammoseek has it for $1.00/round, IF you buy 450 rounds. Otherwise $1.40-$1.50

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top