JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting into loading 6.5 prc. I have magpro powder to use along with a wide selection of primers. I'm at a loss with picking out the proper set of dies.

Do I go with bushing dies?
Should I full length resize each time?

Rifle is a Bergara hmr wilderness. Uses will be hunting a target shooting.

Press is an RCBS rock chucker single stage.

Recommendation for dies and a good starting load with what primer to use would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You're going to open up a big can of worms with this. Lol!

What have you reloaded for before?

I pretty much always full length resize.

Forster, Redding and RCBS do all of my precision load chores. I've got some Wilson dies too but that's a whole other rabbit hole.

I primarily reload .308, 9mm, 30-30 and .223. All using rcbs dies. I'll just stick with rcbs and full length resize for now.

The bushing dies were a whole new world of reloading I discovered the other day and was curious if anyone has had any positive experiences with that.

I primarily reload .308, 9mm, 30-30 and .223. All using rcbs dies. I'll just stick with rcbs and full length resize for now.

The bushing dies were a whole new world of reloading I discovered the other day and was curious if anyone has had any positive experiences with that.
A lot of people use those and have good success. I have one or two myself, but find myself going back to standard dies as long as they're not overworking the brass.

I'd highly recommend getting a competition bullet seating die though. My favorite is Forster with the micrometer top.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top