JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's called gouging.
Are we allowed to say that here if we're not identifying a specific forum seller....?

Went looking for an upgraded AR charging handle yesterday. I know which one I want. Most on line retailers are selling at $75 to $89. Seems like a lot of dough for a charging handle. Cheaper Than Dirt selling on line for $135+-.

It's called gouging.

If/when this shortage recedes remember who your friends were.

Last Edited:
And that is just ONE of the reasons I told my grandson he couldn't have a 6.5 Grendel when I bought his hunting rifle.
That's funny because me and my oldest son were having this discussion the other day about my grandson. I told him we have to find a rifle in one of the current calibers I reload for his first hunting rifle.

It's called gouging.
Are we allowed to say that here if we're not identifying a specific forum seller....?

Went looking for an upgraded AR charging handle yesterday. I know which one I want. Most on line retailers are selling at $75 to $89. Cheaper Than Dirt selling on line for $135+-.

It's called gouging.

If/when this shortage recedes remember who your friends were.

CTD gouged the last blight, as well as the one before that.

No idea if they did, or even were around for the blIghts prior to the previous 2...

This behavior is nothing new.

I get being upset about prices being high, particularly if folks NEED something. More so fools whom don't even enjoy the shooting sports attempting to drive prices even higher via flipping and such.

That's the rub tho. Folks whom do enjoy the shooting sports, looking to sell excess of one thing to buy more of another.

When it comes to pricing:

Who should "set" prices?

Why should prices be "set"?

What's a "fair" price?

The market will decide. Let it. Its truly & honestly that simple.

Grumble about it in appropriate venues? Sure! Absolutely!

No one would appreciate myself, nor anyone else being a "price Czar". I wouldn't want anyone telling me what the value is of anything I want to sell, if I wanted to. Let alone regulate such. Think about it for a bit...

Last spring, when TP was nowhere to be found, I had a conversation with an individual that had 15 cases. He said "How much food, etc is it worth to you?" I laughed and told him I had a stack of old phone books, I didn't NEED his TP. The look on his face when I told him to eat his TP was priceless. It is the same with the ammo/components, I will buy at a reasonable mark up, and laugh at the rest. Last night I saw a post selling cases of 7.62x51, before shipping, for over twice what I paid for it SHIPPED. :s0093:

And that is just ONE of the reasons I told my grandson he couldn't have a 6.5 Grendel when I bought his hunting rifle.
Anddddd where you when I needed that advice...I thought hhhmmmm here is a nice little caliber for taking on a long back woods trip, it can take out elk and antelopes. and the rifle i bought is nice and light....should have kept my 300 Win Mag...oh well live and learn.

$1 A ROUND FOR BRASS 9MM ? $1.25 FOR M855 ? That is insane ! I tap out when it gets close to .50 a round good thing I am still shooting stuff with 1980's price tags still on it lol . If you don't absolutely have to buy I would not now !

thumbnail.png

$1 A ROUND FOR BRASS 9MM ? $1.25 FOR M855 ? That is insane ! I tap out when it gets close to .50 a round good thing I am still shooting stuff with 1980's price tags still on it lol . If you don't absolutely have to buy I would not now !
I paid .13 a piece of 9mm brass last week (50 / $6,60). Semi-processed brass, cleaned but not deprimed. I received it in 3 days via USPS. I ordered 150. I didn't need anymore and left the rest. These guys (name is a secret) get 9mm brass pretty often in pretty large stock but will only last a day or two.

I'm keeping it a secret because they get other items every so often which also goes pretty fast. I don't need the competition.

I just built a few hundred .300 BO. All components were purchased in the last 2 months except for powder. Including brass, I am running around $.50 each. My price for .223 I made was significantly cheaper. Reloading is my other zen currently. Now I buy my brass by the pound or by the thousand.

I paid .13 a piece of 9mm brass last week (50 / $6,60). Semi-processed brass, cleaned but not deprimed. I received it in 3 days via USPS. I ordered 150. I didn't need anymore and left the rest. These guys (name is a secret) get 9mm brass pretty often in pretty large stock but will only last a day or two.

I'm keeping it a secret because they get other items every so often which also goes pretty fast. I don't need the competition.

PM me if you need more 9mm for a lot less.;)

I've always bought bulk because I use it. I don't necessarily hoard it. You think the high prices from the retailers are bad? Go to gunbroker and look at what people are paying for bulk on auction. I've seen 1k cases of 9mm brass case range ammo sell for a buck a round recently. People are paying that by the freakin case! I couldn't wrap my head around that phenomenon. It's not gouging. It's an auction. Too expensive to re-sell. Or is it? I recently talked to a gun shop owner that admitted to a couple such purchases. He's got to have ammo to offer with new gun purchases or they will buy a gun from someone else who does. They don't argue the price of the ammo. They just want a gun and a couple boxes of ammo with it. That's the only way he can get ammo and it's becoming the only way he can sell guns.
One other revelation that I heard about was the following train of thought that is apparently becoming a thing: Guy pays $1k for 1k bulk pistol rounds. It pencils for him in his mind because he figures this may be his only ammo for the next four years or longer. A grand divided up over four years seems to be justifiable to some. People are putting a price on meager personal ammo supply by the YEAR and not by the round. Let that sink in.. Things and actions are only ever considered rational based on the current circumstances.
I'm so thankful I started reloading last year or I'd be sunk. And even in spite of that, I also can't help thinking "by the year"myself. God help us.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top