JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For what it is worth , I will be teaching a lesson about Jonathan Parker and his boys on Lexington Green tomorrow...Well that and just why the English troops were marching up to Concord on that fateful 19th of April , 1775....:D
Well will see just how well the lesson sticks on Friday....
Andy

But Andy... No one would ever invade us, nor would a tyrannical government ever happen in the modern world... Cause if you ignore reality enough it won't be true. :rolleyes:

Thankfully no one thought like that back then.

Sounds like its time to go to the local school board meetings and voice your opinion on kids being let out to protest during school hours, wasting tax payers money. Plus, the school districts should be made to publicly post the day, and hours of said, protest in the local paper prior to the protest. That way, the school would be held responsible for any unfavorable actions during the protest. Its called being involved in your school, that's one problem, it more like baby sitting that school these day's.

Not received as an insult.

I forsee lots of days where I take the kids out for a different kind of field trip or activity than their peers. These planned March days would be a great day to go shooting with family and enjoy the outdoors.

I hope my kids engage in healthy discourse but I don't think that environment, being potentially singled out by teachers specifically, is not a situation many kids deal with. This is different than most reasons it may happen as this is more than likely going to be related to the parents views and not the kids. The kids by and large will share the sentiment of the parents.

I'll encourage healthy discourse but I don't think having a teacher gang up based on likely the parents beliefs is healthy.

Edit: missed the qoute

Sounds like its time to go to the local school board meetings and voice your opinion on kids being let out to protest during school hours, wasting tax payers money. Plus, the school districts should be made to publicly post the day, and hours of said, protest in the local paper prior to the protest. That way, the school would be held responsible for any unfavorable actions during the protest. Its called being involved in your school, that's one problem, it more like baby sitting that school these day's.

I was going through some of my old education textbooks. If your child's school is willingly participating (our school is considering it truancy, so no support) and you are serious about going to the board, you may want to read up on the court case Birdwell v. Hazelwood School District, 491 E2d 490 (8th Cir. 1974). According to the book Surviving as a Teacher: The Legal Dimension, by Fred Hartmeister, 1995:

He (the teacher) overstepped his bounds of any First Amendment protections when his words produced disruption, riots, the destruction of property or the invasion of others' rights. (pg 193-194)
Just thought you might find that particular article interesting. ;) Also, you might also want to remind them that this would be during the state testing window, and disrupted testing could lead to lower scores.

For what it is worth , I will be teaching a lesson about Jonathan Parker and his boys on Lexington Green tomorrow...Well that and just why the English troops were marching up to Concord on that fateful 19th of April , 1775....:D
Well will see just how well the lesson sticks on Friday....
Andy

:D

bill-murray-geeksandcleats.jpg

Our grandson was in school and had a substitute female teacher start hashing over gun owner's and not really telling the whole story. It was right after the forida shooting. She mentioned that no one should be able to have machine guns, and other really stupid comments.

Then, our grandson polity told her she was not telling it the way it really was. She basically threatened him, and during the rest of the day tried to incite him to get into a argument with her. He didn't take the bait, and i'll be honest, i was really proud of the way he handled himself in a rather hostile environment, he held his own. I forgot to mention, he's only 13, but, a pretty sharp kid for his age.

Times have changed. When I was in school (Grad. 1965) you didn't walkout of class. If you did you did you didn't come back without a letter from a parent. A lot of Parents and Kids have lost all respect for anybody or anything. This country as we knew it is gone and only going to get worst. There's nothing going to stop it. The LIB'S are winning. The kids are brain washed at school and parents don't care. NOT THERE PROBLEM.

I know, it is the sign of the times, not good times mind you. Parents back then didn't like a lot of the things their kids did either but look at us, we did fine because it was expected of us to respect our elders. I graduated in 76, worked mowing yards/odd jobs from 8-12 years old, (on the books) since 13 & all through High school & entered the Army just after graduating.:s0160::s0160::s0160:
I'd be willing to bet that MANY of the kids 18-25 did not sign up for the Selective Service that is required..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Think about it......protesting against a RIGHT.

How Un-American is that?

Rrrrrright....it's about "reasonable and common sense" gun legislation.

So, when will it be about "reasonable and common sense" speech laws? You know....like the "anti-hate speech and anti-political speech" legislation in other countries.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Think about it......protesting against a RIGHT.

How Un-American is that?

Rrrrrright....it's about "reasonable and common sense" gun legislation.

So, when will it be about "reasonable and common sense" speech laws? You know....like the "anti-hate speech and anti-political speech" legislation in other countries.

Aloha, Mark
Says a lot about the freedoms we have when you can insult your own government and burn the country's flag...

Disagree with it all you want, it shows we have a lot of rights that they take for granted.

Hmmm... 4/20 is Hitler's birthday and national MJ smoke-in day. Soooooo, are most of these H.S. kids really just going out to get stoned??? Hmmmm????

A few hundred high school students in Portland, OR walked out of class today, and marched to city hall, to demand stronger gun laws. They were greeted there by Portland's Mayor Ted Wheeler, who vowed that he would go to Salem next year, and get Governor Brown and the legislature to give local governments in Oregon the power to implement their own gun control laws.

Here is a link to a video of Mayor Wheeler, making his public commitment to get this done in next year's legislative session:

Kelly Kenoyer on Twitter

I know, it is the sign of the times, not good times mind you. Parents back then didn't like a lot of the things their kids did either but look at us, we did fine because it was expected of us to respect our elders. I graduated in 76, worked mowing yards/odd jobs from 8-12 years old, (on the books) since 13 & all through High school & entered the Army just after graduating.:s0160::s0160::s0160:
I'd be willing to bet that MANY of the kids 18-25 did not sign up for the Selective Service that is required..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you graduated in 1976 you most likely were not required to sign up for the Selective Service. There was a window for a short period at that time when it wasn't required - I think because the war in Vietnam was over so they didn't need people very badly.
I do believe that every young person should be required to do some kind of service that teaches discipline - I'll bet if they did they would not be out screaming in the streets like toddlers during school hours, because the adults who had served when they were young wouldn't allow them to waste school time doing it.

A few hundred high school students in Portland, OR walked out of class today, and marched to city hall, to demand stronger gun laws. They were greeted there by Portland's Mayor Ted Wheeler, who vowed that he would go to Salem next year, and get Governor Brown and the legislature to give local governments in Oregon the power to implement their own gun control laws.

Here is a link to a video of Mayor Wheeler, making his public commitment to get this done in next year's legislative session:

Kelly Kenoyer on Twitter

That's funny, he's assuming Brown will still be governor. Let's hope the conservatives get the vote out in full force this November!!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top