JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me and wife discussed this. If the kid wants to protest, do it outside of school hours. If they aren't protesting with their peers on this day they would likely be ridiculed by said peers and teachers alike at a later date.

Our conclusion was they aren't going to school on those days.

You have to give credit where credit is due, they are kicking our butts on messaging and turnout.

That's true. They'll be hard to beat. 2 or 3 generations of leftist indoctrination by public schools has done much damage to America. Not sure why it is that conservatives don't like to go out and protest, march, carry signs, etc but leftists seem to love doing it.

You have to give credit where credit is due, they are kicking our butts on messaging and turnout.
Turnout is one thing. Kicking our butts on messaging? That's a function of the media slant.
Here is a great deal of press coverage for something that has yet to happen, and coverage on a Support the 2nd Amendment rally at the Capital garnered almost zero press.

That's true. They'll be hard to beat. 2 or 3 generations of leftist indoctrination by public schools has done much damage to America. Not sure why it is that conservatives don't like to go out and protest, march, carry signs, etc but leftists seem to love doing it.
Either we're at work or... We don't skip class to be a fvcking idiot parading with other idiots.

Friday this year is the Columbine Anniversary... How coincidental...

Schools across the country are expecting significant attendance decreases...
friday is payday for me... because unlike a bunch of these idiots, i have a job to be at during the week.

I'm disgusted.....

Only posting so I'll be notified in case there's something that's actually important that comes of this.

Times have changed. When I was in school (Grad. 1965) you didn't walkout of class. If you did you did you didn't come back without a letter from a parent. A lot of Parents and Kids have lost all respect for anybody or anything. This country as we knew it is gone and only going to get worst. There's nothing going to stop it. The LIB'S are winning. The kids are brain washed at school and parents don't care. NOT THERE PROBLEM.

Since when do we let kids dictate which rights adults are allowed to enjoy? Something is bass ackwards in this country.

Oh, and I like the hodge-podge of causes: We're against police brutality, too. And don't forget racism. We're against that, too. Hey, let's march against all bad stuff!

I'd say 50/50 and going down hill fast. Trumps sec of ed better get k-12 back to the three r's or it will be lost fast. College sadly is gone for good. My opinion only.

Me and wife discussed this. If the kid wants to protest, do it outside of school hours. If they aren't protesting with their peers on this day they would likely be ridiculed by said peers and teachers alike at a later date.

kottOn...Not my intention to insult your parenting style, but since you have put this out there, I am assuming that you are willing to consider the observations of others.

Have you considered placing a higher priority on teaching your kids the importance of using critical thought skills ?

Also, don't they need to know the downside of just going along with the crowd ?

If we don't get our kids to learn how to form their own perspectives independently .....our culture will be surrendered to the loudest propagandists out there.

Along the way, giving them the benefit of our own life experiences is not a bad thing. Pop culture and the current education system all too often has attempted to discourage this.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR