Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Public places to shoot near Corvallis OR

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by Lewisty, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Lewisty

Lewisty Salem area Member

Looking or a public place where I can shoot my rifle from about 100-150 yards. Does anyone know and is willing to share of such a place? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. rick

rick Close to Corvallis, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Type public shooting corvallis into the search box near the top of the page.

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Well, just doing a Google map search of Corvallis, I see that not too far beyond Philomath is the Siuslaw National Forest. Switching to satellite view, I see gobs of logging roads and old yarder platforms that could easily be used for shooting.

d2the3 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Guilty

Guilty Salem, Oregon Active Member

Or you could open your wallet and join ARPC in Albany.
    Individual Membership - $137 per year + 1st year initiation fee - about $11.50 per month
    Family Membership - $206 per year + 1st year initiation fee - about $17.00 per month

5. Ironbar

I've heard lots of good things about ARPC. Sometimes I wish I still lived in Corvallis. I miss that town!

6. rick

rick Close to Corvallis, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Be careful. Most of the logged areas are on slices of land owned by Starker, Hull Oakes, or Weyerhauser, and they don't permit target shooting on their land.

7. Ironbar

Absolutely agree. If you do decide to go into the woods, perhaps you could check with your local ranger station to find out exactly where national forest land begins, or maybe they can even give you some directions.

8. STNOSU

STNOSU Corvallis Member

A lot of people head out to Mary's Peak Area, though the main forest service road everyone takes is currently closed due to logging. At least it was last Monday.