JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering a few guns and would like to also learn the basics of shooting. I never shot a handgun before. Ideally a place I can rent some of the guns I am considering and see how they feel (Glock 19,19x , sig p320, sig p365, SW MP Shield Plus, Taurus gx4 all 9mm and dagger though I am not holding my breath) - thinking of two guns, one a conceal carry and another a larger one). I called The Place to Learn and they have $50 classes (plus ammo) where they teach you basics and also you get to fire about 100 bullets. Any other suggestions for locations or how to go about learning and trying the guns before buying? TIA!

Two things; As for firearms, you might also look at the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact. with the standard mags it's great for concealed carry, but it will also take full size M&P 2.0 mags. And, there are holsters available in various configurations.

As for the classes, try and find one that gives you training and sets you up for your concealed carry.

Two birds with one blast!!

Two things; As for firearms, you might also look at the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact. with the standard mags it's great for concealed carry, but it will also take full size M&P 2.0 mags. And, there are holsters available in various configurations.

As for the classes, try and find one that gives you training and sets you up for your concealed carry.

Two birds with one blast!!
I already applied for my conceal carry just waiting for the fingerprinting.

Safe fire in Vancouver but you have to bring your own firearm to rent theirs. I think they have classes as well. Check out their website.
Bringing a buddy to shoot will also work too if you don't have one of your own. You have to use their ammo for the rentals. I only needed 1 box of 9mm when I recently rented a Sig P365 XL. It was like .50 cents a round for a box of 50. Ouch…., still worth it though.

Unless A Place to Shoot has improved dramatically, I can't recommend going there.

Safefire in Vancouver would be my recommendation.

I've never taken a class at Threat Dynamics other than my CHL, but if Sherwood is closer to home, they also offer firearm rentals and training.

Safe fire in Vancouver but you have to bring your own firearm to rent theirs. I think they have classes as well. Check out their website.
I didn't realize they changed that, but considering what happened I'm not surprised.

I couldn't recommend Threat Dynamics (they appear to be selling out the firearms community in order to cash in on exhorbitant priced IP 114 training class fees)

A Place to Shoot yourself...as that implies, has a poor safety environment, including a fatality. I've experienced lead showers when the "Safety" officers place you right next to magnum revolvers on the firing line..never again.

The PSTC, a block South of Clackamas Town Center on 82nd, is spendy but you might as well get used to that if IP 114 passes next month.
Remember to tell everyone you know....

NO ON IP 114 !

If you know they will vote yes on this you have two options...
Tie them up in your basement until after the election or buy a slingshot.

I learned at Safe Fire in Camas, no regrets.
Pro training is the key, Have shot with multiple friends/family since and some of them are down right unsafe. None of them were trained and sometimes it really shows.

Purchased five classes with Paul Prather. He is great and a retired sheriff's trainer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top