JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oldest granddaughter turned 13 last weekend and wanted to go shooting for her birthday 👍🏻👍. She loves to shoot my 10/22 with the binary trigger and even tried the .40 (wasn't a big fan). We always take an extra garbage bag or two for cleanup and after the shoot have the kids help clean up. This time, when we started packing the guns, she grabbed a trash bag and started cleanup without a word from us 😀. It was good to see something we harp on after every shoot actually sink in. This is what she gathered - LOTS of brass.

839DAC1D-890D-473E-BC4B-5E2DDE182DF1.jpeg

Now that is a quality young lady. No doubt the result of fine parenting and grand parenting! Enjoy the time spent with the grandkids. All too soon they become adults.

That's awesome that you get to pass down responsible shooting to the next generation, and that shes interested in it.

I had my 15 y/o nephew visit for the weekend a bit ago, it went like this.

Me - wanna learn to ride my Honda trail bike?

Him - nope

Me - wanna take out my dune buggy, you can get some basic driving experience.

Him - nope

Me - we can go and shoot some .22s

Him - nope

Me - you're just gonna sit on the couch all day and play on your phone?

Him - yes

That's awesome that you get to pass down responsible shooting to the next generation, and that shes interested in it.

Him - nope

Him - nope

Him - nope

Him - yes
Damn that's sad. And so "normal" these days.

Thanks for starting another young one on the right track. Too many shooters love to head out, blast away, then walk away. Great to teach the young to be responsible and have fun doing it!! You have every right to be VERY proud indeed.

I have an 11 year old that likes to shoot with grampa. And she helps pick up trash too after shooting. When we get home I am teaching her to sort brass into reloadable and scrap brass. Last year when the price was up we sold some. She bought a new pr of pink sneakers! She gets more of a kick out of the recycling than I ever thought! And we get to hang out together! Congrats on finding something the two of you like to do Together! DR

Oldest granddaughter turned 13 last weekend and wanted to go shooting for her birthday 👍🏻👍. She loves to shoot my 10/22 with the binary trigger and even tried the .40 (wasn't a big fan). We always take an extra garbage bag or two for cleanup and after the shoot have the kids help clean up. This time, when we started packing the guns, she grabbed a trash bag and started cleanup without a word from us 😀. It was good to see something we harp on after every shoot actually sink in. This is what she gathered - LOTS of brass.

View attachment 984146
Good to see! ^^

Wondering the general area your range is? Any where around here you won't find any brass except .22, .22 mag. That's a pretty good brass haul!

Him - nope

Him - nope

Him - nope

Him - yes

Sad to see. ^^ It's so common now to see young children staring at some "device" while a parent is nearby doing something else. I imagine those kids get raised in the home, their faces glued to a device for many hours, instead of being outside running around and playing and getting dirty. Or inside producing, or learning.

Good to see! ^^

Wondering the general area your range is? Any where around here you won't find any brass except .22, .22 mag. That's a pretty good brass haul!
We were at Wolf Creek - lane 4. Surprised to see that much brass (most of it was 9mm, which is one caliber I don't have, some 10mm and 38spl - anyone want it, let me know.). Did find a lot of 5.7 :) and the usual amount of 5.56/223. 50BMG case was from my son-in-laws 'I have one, you don't :p' new purchase.

We were at Wolf Creek - lane 4. Surprised to see that much brass (most of it was 9mm, which is one caliber I don't have, some 10mm and 38spl - anyone want it, let me know.). Did find a lot of 5.7 :) and the usual amount of 5.56/223. 50BMG case was from my son-in-laws 'I have one, you don't :p' new purchase.

That's just crazy! Must be all those new-to-guns people? No clue what value that brass holds I suppose. I don't go actively looking for brass but if I'm in an area where I know there's a forest range near by I'll go check it out. It seem like it's been years since a bunch of brass was sitting there.

I don't need any brass, but I love finding it and getting it to keep the scrappers from getting it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top