JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
to the many who lead, fought and sacrificed to found this great nation. Happy 4th, Everyone!

20190704_091041.jpg

Old Glory flies proudly at my home, each and every day. I don't find the current representation nor that created by Betsy Ross some 243 years ago to be offensive or hate speech, in any way, shape or form. Those who capitulate to such ideas, I say "Perhaps you should spend six months living in a Central or South America country, so you can truly appreciate all this great nation still has to offer!"

Blessings to all who have served our great nation and defended our proud symbol of freedom!

May God Bless America today, and all the days of her future!

3B846B83-2E65-491D-A295-5BFB97B45452.jpeg

No pic but fly Old Glory every day. Happy Independence Day to all!!

On this day 243 years ago our founding fathers fought an oppressive government and declaring our independence. They were seizing our guns, gun powder and taxation without representation. Today we are fighting the state for the very same reason. Remember this as we celebrate our freedoms that we enjoy on this Independence Day!

It was just over a year ago Wife and I moved to the house we are in now. I was there first few weeks with one dog, walking the new neighborhood. 2 things I noticed the first few days that made me think we had found a good place. 1 was a LOT of the homes flew a flag. So many it was a surprise. I had not seen that many flags since the weeks after 9/11. One I had at old house was worn so first purchase to the new house on Amazon was new flag. I also noticed all over the place I would see kids leaving toy's, bikes, wagons and such, out in the front of the home. Old neighborhood to do this meant it would be gone first night and my home was one of only 2 who flew a USA flag.

Flag.jpg

Mrs. Teflon and I celebrate our independence and fly the flag every day. Some of our neighbors do too. Refreshing and encouraging here in the blue stripe.

My dad flew the flag often, especially whenever I visited Portland on military leave. It became mine in 2002. Now it's faded a bit and retired, properly folded and preserved in my office where I remember Pop every time I look at it. He came here from another country, as did both of my wife's parents. All fiercely proud of their legally earned citizenship and their flag.

Anecdote: As I drove to the beach one afternoon near MCB Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, CA, I passed a modest house where a uniformed Marine strode across the lawn, home from work, briefcase in left hand. With his right, he popped a fine salute to the flag by the front door. A flash of Norman Rockwell color vividly stuck in my mind 20 years later.

Last Edited:
I have one in front and one in back, people often ask why I fly the flag and I say because no matter how screwed up the last two decades of bad leadership have been I am still proud of my country. I won't bastardize my flags with different colored stripes for pet causes and the last tactical flag I displayed was on my uniform. I still believe flags either need to be lit up at night or taken down at sundown and my kids know well what the truck is and what it should contain. The flag doesn't belong to any political party, doesn't belong to any one group, it belongs to every citizen of this country and etiquette and traditions do matter with the flag.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top