JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to add a new thread to the Reloading section. Unable to do so. Any ideas on what is up? Get error when I submit the thread. Yet I can add a new thread here. So there is definitely a problem there.

Error message is :
============================================
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 Server at www.northwestfirearms.com Port 80
===========================================

Okay guys -- the problem is still occurring. What gives? Just had it reoccur a couple of moments ago.

I am wondering if there is an issue with a "language" filter that hits words like "crap" or pissed off and rejects it. That's the only "language" in the post I am trying to make.

Would be nice to have this researched as I would like to share an unpleasant experience with the group.

Sod

PS -- I tried to take a copy of the post and put it into this forum but it failed with the same error. I cleaned the "crap -> crud" and "pissed off -> PO'ed" with no effect, it still failed. So something else is up and I don't know what it is.

Could someone post the logs so I could take a look at them and figure it out? Just an idea.

Sod :)

Hmmmm, just tried the post in the "quick post" option and it failed there too.

Guess I send it to Trism if that's okay with him to take a look at it and figure out what's wrong.

Sodbuster

Trism -- you are going to love this, I cannot send you the "offending" post by either NWFA email or personal private message. Fails with server error both times.

Interesting in the extreme as the worst words in there are "crap" and "pissed off".

Any ideas?

Sod

Well, the interesting thing is that when I try to post the entire text as I wrote it in this section, it fails here as well.

But I was originally trying to post in the Accessories, Maintenance and Repair / Ammunition and Reloading section.

Now if an admin were to send me their email, I could send the message to them directly from my email. Why so? Cause my personal email works, the NFWA email and messaging fail with the same server error message on this text. So there is something in the parsing of the text that the BBS software doesn't like.

Sod

Guess what I'll try to do is just this. Take a piece of the post and see if it will post a paragraph at a time. So, here goes the first bit ....

============================
Just a word to the wise...

Beware the purchase of a reloading press/kit from Wholesale Sports. They are careless in putting crap back on the shelves when they should be returned to the vendor.

Here's my tale.....

Last Thursday (July 8), I went to the Vancouver, WA store to purchase a Hornady Lock N Load AP press. I did so with several other items including shell plates, book and dies.

When I got home, the lnl bushings were missing as well as who knows what else. No manual, no other info or warranty card. Took it back the next day (1st return 50+ mile round trip). Store said they did not have another in stock but that the Lacy, WA store had 3. They called, verified the bushings were there and we worked out that they would pay for the shipping to my home for a "new" press.
=============================

Okay, 2nd bit failed, here's a little of it so I can narrow down the error and what would cause it....

Fast forward 5 days. Received the "new" press today via Fed Ex. Opened it and the manual was there. So were warranty cards and some other lit. Everything else was jumbled in the package in the press compartment. That included the powder measure UNDER the press. Needless to say when I examined the powder measure there were scores in the mechanism.

Called the hunting manager. All he could do was to offer me a $10 in store credit and take the press back. Slap a customer in the face time, eh?

Here's the final bit of the post without the offending paragraph (see if there are any errors in the rest)...

==========================
So I was returning the crap and asked to speak to the manager. So sorry, but only could give me $25 gift card.

So, maybe I am being a little too sensitive but I left the store without the 2nd slap in the face but with my CC credited and a pissed off ex-customer. So, unless it is something that I just happen to need and it is a single item in its own packaging that Wholesale Sports cannot open, there is no way I will purchase from them again.

I also recommend you don't either. The treatment I received was more than pathetic for a customer that had spent $600+ at that time and was going to be spending more.

BEWARE WHOLESALE SPORTS in any city is my warning to you.

Sodbuster

==========================

Yup, just the one paragraph. Let's take it a sentence at a time.....

====================
I bundled it all back up, took the other items that I had purchased at the store and bee-lined it back to return the crap again (2nd 50+ mile round trip).
====================

Okay, first sentence okay, let's try the second sentence .....

=========================
When I got there the hunting dept manager at least understood and felt bad that he was limited in what he could offer.

That 3rd sentence the board doesn't like it. I am going to break this sentence up into segments to see if that will work.....

Of course they could re-order the item from another store (are you kidding me?)

Here's the final part of that sentence that should post okay.....

(which would have satisfied me as I then had a line to the shop).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top