JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Considering getting one of these for direct thread 9mm guns. Anyone ever had issues with them? Would be using combo of HK lugs and the standard tri lug adapters (not sure what brand yet but I think they are all the same).

Considering getting one of these for direct thread 9mm guns. Anyone ever had issues with them? Would be using combo of HK lugs and the standard tri lug adapters (not sure what brand yet but I think they are all the same).
I have a number of factory tri-lug guns to include PTR, B&T and HK. My PTR's were my first exposure to the tri-lug mounting solution and it left me less than impressed as one gun had a sloppy loose fit and the other a nice tight lockup using the same can/adapter (or at least as tight as tri lug can be). The HK's and B&T's have generally been very comparable from gun to gun with slop being fairly limited. I know the mounting system naturally has some slop built into it but I still check all of my tri-lug guns for max displacement against an alignment rod to see if contact is possible with the projectile.

The tri-lug adapter on the can will also have an impact on tolerances/slop. The Dead-air tri-lug adapater I initially had was sloppy on all of my tri-lug mounts and horrible on the PTR's so I tried a YHM adapter and it resulted in a much better fit up. I have since added a B&T tri-lug can and it locks up the best out of my tri-lug cans.

My personal approach has been to only use tri-lug cans on guns with factory tri-lug barrels. All other non-tri-lug PCC's have had a plan B format muzzle device put on which I much prefer over tri-lug. If you have at least two PCC cans I would dedicate one to tri-lug and the other to your preferred adapter/muzzle device platform.

I have a number of factory tri-lug guns to include PTR, B&T and HK. My PTR's were my first exposure to the tri-lug mounting solution and it left me less than impressed as one gun had a sloppy loose fit and the other a nice tight lockup using the same can/adapter (or at least as tight as tri lug can be). The HK's and B&T's have generally been very comparable from gun to gun with slop being fairly limited. I know the mounting system naturally has some slop built into it but I still check all of my tri-lug guns for max displacement against an alignment rod to see if contact is possible with the projectile.

The tri-lug adapter on the can will also have an impact on tolerances/slop. The Dead-air tri-lug adapater I initially had was sloppy on all of my tri-lug mounts and horrible on the PTR's so I tried a YHM adapter and it resulted in a much better fit up. I have since added a B&T tri-lug can and it locks up the best out of my tri-lug cans.

My personal approach has been to only use tri-lug cans on guns with factory tri-lug barrels. All other non-tri-lug PCC's have had a plan B format muzzle device put on which I much prefer over tri-lug. If you have at least two PCC cans I would dedicate one to tri-lug and the other to your preferred adapter/muzzle device platform.
Good info thx. Here is what I'm thinking/researching. Cost wise a kaw valley precision female tri lug adapter for the can plus one male 1/2x 28 tri lug adapter and one male 5/8 x24 tri lug adapter is $125ish shipped.

That will cover two factory tri lugs plus 1 9mm and 1 300 black (subs only).

But if I go direct thread mount it's $110 for 1/2x28 + $110 for 5/8 x24 = $220 + ship

So tri lug is cheaper and I've heard the kaw valley precision ones have less slop on ap5 (mp5 clone, should be same as HK/b&t). So cost plus convenience seems good but if it ends up being sloppy then of course it's kinda $ wasted. I don't have any experience with tri lug. I suppose $125 is not to much to gamble to find out though.

That's very helpful info on the alignment rod. I've seen those on websites but didn't know what they are for.

Last Edited:
Alignment rods can be a very useful tool an are very easy to utilize. Just attach the suppressor, then gently slide the alignment rod down the suppressor and bore of the rifle/pistol, etc.. till flush with the end of the can ideally. Then you can see how in or out of alignment your can is. For shorter barrels or handguns it can be a little trickier but still usable.

In the world of adapters and muzzle devices, $125 isn't to bad to give something a try. I am sure if you don't like it you can sell and recoup a good portion of the funds spent.

I ordered the kaw valley precision 3 lug adapters.

One thing I saw on a silencerco video is their r&d guy had a screw in 3 lug adapter for 22 cans. That woudl be awesome as I have a gazillion 22s with threaded barrels. They don't sell it though it's just a prototype. He said if enough people ask for it they might make them.

I was thinking a person could also take a 9mm 3 lug adapter and then add a thread converter from silencer thread (female) to 1/2x 28 male. Then it woudl screw into any .22 can. Woudl add a lot of weight though. I don't know if anyone makes such a thread adapter cuz I can't imagine there would be much demand for it.

Here's the video. Skip to 5:00 mark for .22 3 lug adapter content.

View: https://youtu.be/uEcf0pCm2iE?si=9ohsdJouwSsIiWkh

I ordered the kaw valley precision 3 lug adapters.

One thing I saw on a silencerco video is their r&d guy had a screw in 3 lug adapter for 22 cans. That woudl be awesome as I have a gazillion 22s with threaded barrels. They don't sell it though it's just a prototype. He said if enough people ask for it they might make them.

I was thinking a person could also take a 9mm 3 lug adapter and then add a thread converter from silencer thread (female) to 1/2x 28 male. Then it woudl screw into any .22 can. Woudl add a lot of weight though. I don't know if anyone makes such a thread adapter cuz I can't imagine there would be much demand for it.

Here's the video. Skip to 5:00 mark for .22 3 lug adapter content.

View: https://youtu.be/uEcf0pCm2iE?si=9ohsdJouwSsIiWkh
I think Griffin makes what your looking for with their Cam Lock system: https://www.griffinarmament.com/muzzle-devices/cam-lok/

You would just use the 1/2x28 to cam lock adapter on the suppressor side and the standard 9mm 1/2x28 cam lock on the barrel side. Then just add additional 9mm 1/2x28 cam locks to your other 22lr pistols you want to run it on.

I wouldn't want to run a tri-lug system on a 22lr due to the slop. You don't have a lot of margin for error with the bore for a 22lr and seems like baffle strikes/end cap strikes would be a frequent occurrence.

I think Griffin makes what your looking for with their Cam Lock system: https://www.griffinarmament.com/muzzle-devices/cam-lok/

You would just use the 1/2x28 to cam lock adapter on the suppressor side and the standard 9mm 1/2x28 cam lock on the barrel side. Then just add additional 9mm 1/2x28 cam locks to your other 22lr pistols you want to run it on.

I wouldn't want to run a tri-lug system on a 22lr due to the slop. You don't have a lot of margin for error with the bore for a 22lr and seems like baffle strikes/end cap strikes would be a frequent occurrence.
You're right that griffin one woudl do it. Looks like it would be $60 per firearm for the cam lock adapter, plus $80 for the cam lock to 1/2 x 28 male adapter. It woudl work but that woudl get pretty crazy expensive if each gun had a $60 adapter. Agree with you about any slop causing problems too. Would be cool but probably not worth the expense and risk I'm thinking.
6ACF0547-91EC-46FE-96FF-3C96466D3ED1.png

You're right that griffin one woudl do it. Looks like it would be $60 per firearm for the cam lock adapter, plus $80 for the cam lock to 1/2 x 28 male adapter. It woudl work but that woudl get pretty crazy expensive if each gun had a $60 adapter. Agree with you about any slop causing problems too. Would be cool but probably not worth the expense and risk I'm thinking.
View attachment 1857466
I am not sure how I got on Griffin's mailing list but they frequently are running 20% off promo's and even deeper discounts and promotions around major sales holidays like 4th of July, black Friday/Cyber Monday. I went the other direction though and just got a bunch more 22lr cans so I had dedicated cans for each gun.

I am not sure how I got on Griffin's mailing list but they frequently are running 20% off promo's and even deeper discounts and promotions around major sales holidays like 4th of July, black Friday/Cyber Monday. I went the other direction though and just got a bunch more 22lr cans so I had dedicated cans for each gun.
Cool. Nothing better than a can for each gun that's for sure. Just ordered a Huxwrx flow 22. I really dislike (in general) cans you can't take apart to clean but all my first choice cans were out of stock everywhere and these were just released on the 1st so are in stock.

They have a secret sauce chemical cleaner that is supposed to work well. We'll see. I've never cleaned my other can in many thousands of rounds and it looks fine. Coated with ceramic inside before using and a couple times after. But I only use clean ammo through it so I think that's biggest factor probably.

I want to test a couple things with flow 22 can just for giggles:
1) db levels of flow 22 compared to traditional 22 baffle can,
2) db levels of flow 22 compared to 9mm can with a 22lr sized wipe,
3) shooting 730 fps 40 grain in semi auto gun with traditional can to see if it will cycle vs same ammo same gun with flow 22 can

All just for fun/interest and before any asks yes my meter is impulse with 20 microsecond rise time. Have to say I'm leary of new technology of flow .22 but since it's coming might as well make the most of it and put it through its paces.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top