JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just an interesting little story.

Today I got a notification in email from Midway (Your request for 5000 cci 400 small rifle primers came in and is waiting for you!!!) I go there literally 10 minutes later. GONE every last one.

Wow, that just shows the demand.

But it's slowing down it looks.

Was at Cabelas over the Week and saw primers, some powder, and even 22 lr boxes (still limited to 2 boxes of 100 per person per day though) on the shelf. So things are getting better... well except for primers it appears.

It seems to me that Midway doesn't send out the e-mail notification immediately upon receipt of new inventory and somebody, or a bunch of somebody's, might stumble across the available inventory and clean it out even before the notification is sent.
At least most supplies are starting to become available again, some even lasting more than 10 minutes. 3rdGSS has had a few types of rifle and handgun smokeless powder that I regularly use in stock all week which is promising. Reloading bullets that I commonly use are showing up off-and-on from a few vendors also. I have also seen CCI M41's, 500's and 300's start to become available on a limited basis from several vendors lately.

It's now the weekend. Cabela's shelves have probably been stripped by now;)

This is kind of like when they first started up the Alaska Pipeline. The oil companies pumped oil in for a long time before they had anything flowing out the "bottom end" at Valdez. It took a lot longer to fill the tanks and tankers to make their first deliveries.

At least we're seeing some progress.

Actually i was at Cab's today... They had lots of ammo on the shelves (no 22 though) But most everything else. (even if it is a bit overpriced)

But more imporantly... they had PRIMERS. Picked up a single brick of 1000 cci Small rifle benchrest.

But I could have picked up a LOT more. They had CCI for small pistol, large pistol, small and large rifle Bench. So all in all pretty nice. Also they had a tiny selection of powder... but some is better than none. And other things are starting to reappear. Bullets are not just vanishing off the shelves and the reloading section is filling up with equipment, tools, media and everything.

Looks like the drought it coming to an end.

I was at the Hermiston Bi-Mart this afternoon and they had a few boxes of .22 lr, CCI standard velocity, and some Federal match std velocity. I picked up 100 rds of the CCI for $6.89. Also notice they had a few pounds of IMR-4320, 2 pounds of H-4895 ($23.49 per lb. good price!), a couple of pounds of H-4831 SC and some H-414. Also some HS-6 and Clays. A few bricks of CCI primers at around $35 per K. It is getting better, let's hope it keeps up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top