JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No FFL required for primers or powder. One of the LGS's were selling primers for $150/k which was akin to rape at 5x, but that's what the market would bear. Same seller sold powder for a dollar or so more than what it was two years ago so there's that.

We do have to use a FFL to buy ammunition which acts like another recessive tax.
Curious to know
What shop in San Jose was gouging on the primers?

No FFL required for primers or powder. One of the LGS's were selling primers for $150/k which was akin to rape at 5x, but that's what the market would bear. Same seller sold powder for a dollar or so more than what it was two years ago so there's that.

We do have to use a FFL to buy ammunition which acts like another recessive tax.
"We do have to use a FFL to buy ammunition which acts like another recessive tax."

At least you have a tax rate lower than texas, according to your Governor. /s

Many people are saying, things will return to normal again. I saw recently Brownell's had a very limited amount of primers for $75+/1,000, plus Hazmat & shipping, pushing the price well over $100. We need to remember, this time, it is "not normal", there are to many variables working against us, the elections, the pandemic, more people than ever buying guns and ammo, those "in the know" buying all they can get. Think way back when (couple decades ago) gas prices went up to $3.50-$4.00 a gallon or more, USPS-UPS-FedEx all raised their prices. Even when prices of gas came back down, did they lower their prices back down? Hell no, they kept raising them, business as usual. Businesses shut down during the pandemic, people left their jobs. All the business, in the guns & ammo trade have been looking to hire. I have seen ammo slowly coming back, even now shelves are almost full of every caliber, but prices are up. Even powders have been showing up, with an increase of $5-$15 a pound. I've seen very few primers showing up in retail stores, if they do, there's a limit of 100-200 and the prices have been $6-$9/100. This may very well be the new norm. For someone as myself, on a fixed income, my dreams and aspirations, to return to loading in the last 2 years, after a absence of 30+ years, is becoming a pipe-dream. Knowing if I sold everything I've accumulated, I may even show a profit, makes me sick to contemplate.
I did get lucky today and got some primers from sportsmans today for $24 for 1k.
@Local Loader posted that up on tuesday...

"We do have to use a FFL to buy ammunition which acts like another recessive tax."

At least you have a tax rate lower than texas, according to your Governor. /s
I don't know how to compare taxes from CA to TX. The state needs money to run, so it will get the money one way or another. In the Tax Freedom Chart, TX ranks 5 and CA ranks 38. So I'd say overall, TX has less state taxes. And our governor is an idiot. TaxFreedomDay

Ah, OK. Yes, Newsom is an idiot but it's likely he won't be recalled due to the ads run by Libby Warren and Bernie Sanders. The recall side just hasn't run any ads to date to spell out all that is wrong with CA.
You might be right. The recall supporters were way behind in fundraising.

By the way, I met some new neighbors from Sacramento who bought property by my cabin property here in Oregon. They had four ARs (with bullet buttons) among them and did some shooting up in the forest cinder pit. Shooting was closed because of fire danger but I didn't have the heart to tell them since they were having such a good time. Nice people.

Ah, OK. Yes, Newsom is an idiot but it's likely he won't be recalled due to the ads run by Libby Warren and Bernie Sanders. The recall side just hasn't run any ads to date to spell out all that is wrong with CA.
Yea, I'm even hearing those radio ad's here, all paid for by SEIU dues…. What a crock! And yes, I can say that as I was an SEIU member and union representative in my younger days. Much wiser now…

I don't see this drought easing anytime soon. Perhaps in late 2023 if pro-gun candidates wins Congress. That will depend upon how much the inflation rate rises, distribution accessibility, etc. It seems length of a drought is directly proportional to political tension.

Yea, I'm even hearing those radio ad's here, all paid for by SEIU dues…. What a crock! And yes, I can say that as I was an SEIU member and union representative in my younger days. Much wiser now…
As an SEIU member, did you have any say as to what your dues would be spent on? I know that SEIU has taken some very controversial stands and has supported some very far left leaning candidates.

Fell into some between 4 to 8 weeks ago both locally and online to help replenish the supply at not gouging but higher than pre covid prices. Nothing seen since.

Ummmmm, if you live there and don't know what is wrong with the state, then...respectfully...that person is likely part of what his wrong with the state. Having escaped nine years ago, when it was terrible, it has only gotten much worse in about a million different ways. You get the government you vote for. A government bought and paid for by unions and special interest.

Fell into some between 4 to 8 weeks ago both locally and online to help replenish the supply at not gouging but higher than pre covid prices. Nothing seen since.

Ummmmm, if you live there and don't know what is wrong with the state, then...respectfully...that person is likely part of what his wrong with the state. Having escaped nine years ago, when it was terrible, it has only gotten much worse in about a million different ways. You get the government you vote for. A government bought and paid for by unions and special interest.
The DNC framed the recall as a 'Republican' led issue and we all know from Trump's time in office that the Republicans are evil and sinister. At least that's what the media has led us to believe. If you want a different narrative, then you need to get the word out which the RNC failed to do. Or maybe with the numbers in CA, the RNC figured it was an unwinnable race?

Why do I read the line "what is wrong with the state, then...respectfully...that person" as "what is wrong with the state, then bubblegum, that person" Is it just me? Or is adding 'respectfully' usually the mean the opposite?

Why do I read the line "what is wrong with the state, then...respectfully...that person" as "what is wrong with the state, then bubblegum, that person" Is it just me? Or is adding 'respectfully' usua
Respectfully in that there are obviously good people in Cali. I mean no disrespect to them as I have 100s of friends and friendly aquaintences there. But the state government is an unmanageable hellhole. That is where my head was with the post.

For those who helped make it that way by voting for stupid, not voting and supporting unions that have destroyed the great state, yea, don't have much respect for those folks. Again, you get the government (the majority voters) deserve.

I picked up some primers the other day for $65/k, older primers mostly. Who would have thought that would be a "good deal" nowadays?

I only got 1k small pistol, which is mostly what I need, but did get 2k small rifle. I'll use them in 9mm and .40.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews