JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just picked up a couple boxes of CCI 500s at Bimart, $5.50/100. Higher than they used to be, but not too terrible; better than scalper prices.

I then went To Walmart with my wife, and swung by sporting goods out of curiosity, picked up a couple boxes of .22 LR Automatch. They had quite a bit, and I could have had my wife get some too, but I've got plenty of .22 ammo already. 6.5c per round seems high to me.

I just picked up a couple boxes of CCI 500s at Bimart, $5.50/100. Higher than they used to be, but not too terrible; better than scalper prices.

I then went To Walmart with my wife, and swung by sporting goods out of curiosity, picked up a couple boxes of .22 LR Automatch. They had quite a bit, and I could have had my wife get some too, but I've got plenty of .22 ammo already. 6.5c per round seems high to me.
Which bimart?

McMinnville. The guy said they were the first he'd seen in seven months and they'd all be gone in an hour. I'm tempted to swing by there in the morning at opening (driving by around that time anyway), but I'm not optimistic that they'll have any left.

McMinnville. The guy said they were the first he'd seen in seven months and they'd all be gone in an hour. I'm tempted to swing by there in the morning at opening (driving by around that time anyway), but I'm not optimistic that they'll have any left.
You did good for the times. I paid 6.5 cents per primer before hazmat and shipping cost for the last primers I bought. I think it will be a long time before we see $20 to $30 bricks again.

Barring more craziness happening, I have a feeling that things are beginning to break loose, maybe?

I swung by Bimart again this morning on the way to work, and picked up a couple more boxes of primers. I swung by on the way home; all the primers were long gone but now they have a shelf full of ammo they were just putting out. I picked up a couple boxes of Federal 115gr fmj ammo for $16.97/box. I don't need any ammo myself, but picked them up for a coworker who wants some.

Yesterday I caved and managed to place an order with Graf's. Maybe I overpaid, but the opportunity to obtain 5,000 CCI No. 41 primers was too tempting to pass up. Price per thousand worked out to be $65.80 per brick + haz mat, shipping and 8.6% Washington sales tax for a total of $388 delivered. A lot more than the $40.29 + tax I paid for a brick at Sportsman's a week ago, but who knows if/when SW will get them in stock again? I figure I can recoup my investment if I need to, since Powder Valley's current price is $75 per brick (+ haz mat, shipping and tax).

Yesterday I caved and managed to place an order with Graf's. Maybe I overpaid, but the opportunity to obtain 5,000 CCI No. 41 primers was too tempting to pass up. Price per thousand worked out to be $65.80 per brick + haz mat, shipping and 8.6% Washington sales tax for a total of $388 delivered. A lot more than the $40.29 + tax I paid for a brick at Sportsman's a week ago, but who knows if/when SW will get them in stock again? I figure I can recoup my investment if I need to, since Powder Valley's current price is $75 per brick (+ haz mat, shipping and tax).
When I bought primers at Powder Valley they were $65 a brick but limited to two bricks:(

The No. 41 's are $10 more per brick. When they have them, which lasts about 5 minutes, if you are lucky.

Picked up 1K CCI Large Pistol Primers at Sportsman's Warehouse tonight for $42. While this is higher than what they were last time I bought primers from them when they were more widely available, the price seems fair when you see what other retailers and resellers are asking.
I picked some up. Thanks for the info. They had Large pistol primers CCI #300 & #350. I have 45 acp but haven't reloaded yet. I was suggested to use #350 mainly due to this area. Has a wider range of use reliability wise.

When @arakboss posted that Brownells has CCI #41 primers in stock I jumped online and bought the maximum amount you could buy (2-1000 bricks) and paid just under $110.00 per 1000 including hazmat and shipping. So I think you did okay!!!

My lgs had a brick of fed lg pistol mag primers, which I could definitely use. It was not marked with a price so I took it up to register. $100. Nope! not quite there yet, I can wait longer.

They actually arrived today!
4141C430-EDB0-4E49-9DD8-C7780E6D40F0.jpeg

Stumbled onto a brick of CCI 500 for $41 the other day. Just luck as they were all of the shelf within the 10 minutes of my entering the store. I don't know what they had originally stocked but there was CCI Sp, Federal SP, and Federal SR when I walked up but the folks in front of me got to those first. Most of the 500s will go into 9mm ammo.

Union Gap Cabelas may have Federal Lg Pistol Mag Match primers in stock and Win 209.

Laceys Cabelas may have Federal Sm Pistol Mag Match in stock. and CCI LRM and CCI large pistol and LR BR2s and SR BR4s

Springfield Cabelas may have Win Large pistol primers in stock and CCI SRM

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews