JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We stopped by the Sportsman's on 82nd yesterday and while they showed some primers as being in stock they had zero on the shelves. Are they hiding them behind the counter these days? They did have one pound of Ramshot Competition for $30 but I have a 8 pounder collecting dust so I left that there. They also had 50 BMG that I didn't bother looking at for price.

We stopped by the Sportsman's on 82nd yesterday and while they showed some primers as being in stock they had zero on the shelves. Are they hiding them behind the counter these days? They did have one pound of Ramshot Competition for $30 but I have a 8 pounder collecting dust so I left that there. They also had 50 BMG that I didn't bother looking at for price.
Did you check at the counter? At my local store they moved them to the glass counter to enforce the two sleeve limit. They used to be on the shelf next to the powder.

Two shelves of Federal Large Pistol Magnum Primers yesterday at the 185th store, $5.52/100 if I recall correctly. Still a limit of two sleeves per customer, per day.

Headed back there after church this morning, if I can convince the wife

We stopped by the Sportsman's on 82nd yesterday and while they showed some primers as being in stock they had zero on the shelves. Are they hiding them behind the counter these days?
Yes, in my experience they are behind the gun counter and you have to request them from an associate (if they happen to have some in stock).
As mentioned it can be a long line to look at a firearm, I just ask one of the salespeople without waiting in line for a prolonged time and they have been helpful.

CCI Large Pistol Primers $425 for 5000 shipped.

Edit: I am going to experiment with using a few large pistol primers in 7.62x39 cases to be used in AR upper. I will report back with results.

Last Edited:
Recently checked Hendersen, NV Sportsman Warehouse. Website showed Small Pistol
available, with a limit. Of course, they didn't have any. However, at that store was directed to Customer Service Counter. Firearms counter guy said all primer sales were conducted at from of the store. They did have large rifle primers. Forgot to ask price.

Arizona gun shows are starting have primers $125.00 per 1000.

Last Ditch time for primer sales. My suspicion is that they are going to be readily available soon or most won't have money to spend on them. If you have been thinking about selling some, you might want to think about doing it sooner rather than later. You will have a lot of competition.

If you have been thinking about selling some, you might want to think about doing it sooner rather than later. You will have a lot of competition.
? "Selling"? What is this? Selling of primers? I don't understand. :s0153:

I thought primers were for making ammo?

? "Selling"? What is this? Selling of primers? I don't understand. :s0153:

I thought primers were for making ammo?
Some people may have to sell so they can buy rice and beans:)

I saw one ad for Large Pistol primers at $75 a brick. The ad has been up for a while. I almost contacted the guy but then I found the mother lode on Craigslist and went that route instead.

American Reloading is discovering that primer sales are slowing.

Screenshot (179).png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads