JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seems to me that there's just more available, I am starting to see backorders fill and ammo stay on the shelves for longer. Sure its not the price we all want to pay but that means stores can hold off on large backorders. More ammo on the shelves means less being ordered and if less is being ordered manufacturers can start filling other orders for components and what not. At least that's my theory.
Ammo is definitely stacking up at stores. I am hoping for some major sales on Black Friday this year. Primers are scarcely being stocked locally but they are not collecting dust.

Funny mentioned sportsmans, I noticed that they bumped their primer prices up again, 3rd time this year.
Sportsman's may have the best local prices but with 2 sleeve limits it's not worthwhile for me. None of their stores are close to me so it could cost me between $5 and $10 to drive out there and back. If the wife goes that means I have to buy her lunch or take her shopping elsewhere and any savings goes out the window.

I will let those who live closer or can afford to drive around to different stores have those primers. I'll keep searching for deals on the classifieds. I am not fussy about age or brands and focus more on cost and quantity. I want to make sure the deals I find are worth the drive. It looks like high fuel cost are here to stay for a while. I am going to try and visit my dad in Washougal this weekend so I might hit the Sportsman's on 82nd since I will be driving by it.

Last Edited:
Something else I have been wondering is why Bimart, Cabelas, Sportsmans, etc haven't been stocking the Ginex and other foreign primers? They are clearly available in large quantities and the smaller outfits have been getting them regularly.

Something else I have been wondering is why Bimart, Cabelas, Sportsmans, etc haven't been stocking the Ginex and other foreign primers? They are clearly available in large quantities and the smaller outfits have been getting them regularly.

? Perhaps it may be a distributor thing ? & they are contracted to use their distributors...

No idea though.

Wholesale prices are up so retail prices are up. As for the Ginex primers I can only speak for me but they are new to me, foreign made and costs about 50% more than what CCI's cost me so I haven't seen the need to buy them.

Well....ammo prices have been coming down so?
Yeah......maybe it's only a matter of time.

Hummmmm.....simply put, it's like stocks (mostly speaking of Private sales).....
Someone selling, might be/is mostly sure/convinced, that prices won't go up further.
While.....
Someone buying, might be/is mostly sure/convinced, that the price is going higher.

It's up to you to decide.

Note to self : Have some EXTRAS for (before) the next time. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YES, not everyone has the above reasoning.......there maybe/might be some amount of "desperation" mixed in there.

Last Edited:
Well....ammo prices have been coming down so?
Yeah......maybe it's only a matter of time.

Hummmmm.....simply put, it's like stocks (mostly speaking of Private sales).....
Someone selling, might be/is mostly sure/convinced, that prices won't go up further.
While.....
Someone buying, might be/is mostly sure/convinced, that the price is going higher.

It's up to you to decide.

Note to self : Have some EXTRAS for (before) the next time. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YES, not everyone has the above reasoning.......there maybe/might be some amount of "desperation" mixed in there.
I will be buying extras too. They should make good trading stock during the next shortage.

It really just depends on which ones you're looking for for which stores have what. $75 isn't bad even with fuel cost, still cheaper than ordering them at around $100 a brick now plus s&h. Let me know what you're looking for and I can help keep an eye out for any and give you a heads up about them.
Is sportsmans 200 limit for primers per sku or total?

Anyone paying debt on a credit card is foolish and stupid with their money. Period. Using a credit card is convenient, yes, and can have ancillary benefits like accumulating airline miles, but it is imperative that the balance be paid in full every month. This is a no-brainer, but nonetheless amazing how many Americans choose to foolishly live beyond their means and stupidly accumulate credit card debt.
Yeah and for Brandon's next trick on the American People. Hummmm.......perhaps CC debt forgiveness? Rrrrrright.......If it could happen with student loan debt.......

"Why not?"

Yeah.....I see how that works.

Yup.....Bribery works.

Aloha, Mark

I'm late to this thread.

....Looking at that receipt.
Funny how different people see different things.

Price of the primers is one thing.....at least you have the primers in your hand.
So you pay a price and do what you want to do.

I find the $32.72 sales tax robbery to be much more offensive (and less productive/satisfying).

I realize I'm unevolved.
....just my $.02 and no I don't make change.
Carry on........

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads