JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most likely that is a older p[aghe that has not been updated. During the crazy days of 2020/21 most places didn't bother to update because they would be doing it constantly. It is just not worth the time during panic buying and huge price fluctuations.
Most places won't bother to update the individual items, they'll just leave it and make a new ad posting, I've seen this a lot.

Don't want to be a party pooper, but I will believe it when I see it. Also, if they do start shipping, I won't be surprised by triple digit price per brick + hazmat + shipping + WA state sales tax for us loyal subjects of King Jay. 🙄
Yea, me too. After they spent a half a billion they'll probably just say screw it and open up a snowcone stand instead.

Yea, me too. After they spent a half a billion they'll probably just say screw it and open up a snowcone stand instead.
I read that the 500 million invested was a misquote in the article (accurate reporting of news is a lost art). That the 500 million had been invested to clean the site, so that it could be reopened as a former super fund clean up plant and grounds. That was done by the federal government, not the new owners. So, we the taxpayers invested in that project, so the government could sell the land and remaining infrastructure cheap. Hard to fathom someone investing half a billion in an ammunition factory when Democrats control the federal government. The story I read made better sense.

The CCI website shows suggested retail prices of $70 and $80 per thousand tonight.
A few days ago I was in WGS Guns in Lakewood. They had two types of Winchester primers (honestly can't remember if they were SPP-SRP-LPP-LRP)

Both types were priced at $104.95, so with sales tax out the door price was about $115 per brick. WGS is NOT a gouger; just before the pandemic started I remember buying Federal LPP there for $39.95.

Likely this is the new 'normal' ... for a while

Both types were priced at $104.95, so with sales tax out the door price was about $115 per brick. WGS is NOT a gouger; just before the pandemic started I remember buying Federal LPP there for $39.95.
When bought from a retail store, we have to take into account that they have incurred some HAZMAT and shipping costs to get them on their shelves. Yes, they buy in larger quantity and can spread that cost around to more units. But it's still a cost of their doing business, as well as keeping the electric bill and rent paid. Pre-Covid, my recollection of prices at Cabela's was low $30's, maybe? CCI and WW. RP cost a little more, don't know what FC was because I never buy them (packaging too large).

When bought from a retail store, we have to take into account that they have incurred some HAZMAT and shipping costs to get them on their shelves. Yes, they buy in larger quantity and can spread that cost around to more units. But it's still a cost of their doing business, as well as keeping the electric bill and rent paid. Pre-Covid, my recollection of prices at Cabela's was low $30's, maybe? CCI and WW. RP cost a little more, don't know what FC was because I never buy them (packaging too large).
GMerkt - good points about the overhead that a retail gun store has to off-set in their pricing. There's also employee wages, Worker's Comp costs, etc, and likely many more. The retail gun store has to make a profit or else their doors will close.

My poor writing if it came across that I felt the gun store's prices are too high. That was not the message I wanted to convey. I wanted to say that prices have gone up and likely will stay up for some time. Very much like the cost of gasoline and diesel :-(

My poor writing if it came across that I felt the gun store's prices are too high. That was not the message I wanted to convey. I wanted to say that prices have gone up and likely will stay up for some time. Very much like the cost of gasoline and diesel :-(
Oh no worries, I didn't get a bad vibe from it. Just my thoughts. Of course stores, like private persons, can set whatever price they want on their merchandise. When people tell us here on NWFA that the scored some primers at BiMart or Sports Authority for $60, I don't doubt their word. I don't know the economics of what kind of pricing the chain stores can get vs. the independents. Probably the chains get a break the indies can't, I'd think. Just like Walmart does (on a massive scale).

I don't think I've been in WGS Guns before. I used to get down that way once in a while, especially when I was already going to a WAC gun show in Puyallup. But that's over for me now. In Lakewood, there used to be Surplus Ammo & Arms at 12729 Pacific Hwy SW., I bought a few things from them. But I think they moved to Tacoma.

I had the pleasure of filling up my Dodge Cummins diesel over the weekend. It was nearly empty. About 34 gallons later, the Costco fuel station attendant shared that I "almost" broke the record. With my wallet $169 lighter, I drove away.

I don't drive it much, so a tank of fuel lasts a while unless I'm traveling in it. Guess next time, I'll fill it up when it's half full :)
Fuel, food, everything has jumped in price recently by record levels and it stings some more than others. But even though every American is poorer because of this, there is more outrage about how celebrities act than the fact the Gov't is bit by bit driving everyone into poverty and reliance on them. Do you think inflation would remain high if there were nation wide protests in the streets like BLM/Antifa riots i nthe 2019/20?? No, politicians would clamouring to be"The voice of the people" and demand action, but there is no outrage. bubblegumin' and moaning but not real anger. Americans have brainwashed into accepting change. If you think I'm full of it, go look up the CDC studies from 2020 where they said lockdowns were a national study to see how well citizens accepted change. England ran the same study. Psychology, the ultimate tool for power and control.

Fuel, food, everything has jumped in price recently by record levels and it stings some more than others. But even though every American is poorer because of this, there is more outrage about how celebrities act than the fact the Gov't is bit by bit driving everyone into poverty and reliance on them. Do you think inflation would remain high if there were nation wide protests in the streets like BLM/Antifa riots i nthe 2019/20?? No, politicians would clamouring to be"The voice of the people" and demand action, but there is no outrage. bubblegumin' and moaning but not real anger. Americans have brainwashed into accepting change. If you think I'm full of it, go look up the CDC studies from 2020 where they said lockdowns were a national study to see how well citizens accepted change. England ran the same study. Psychology, the ultimate tool for power and control.
"The consumer price index jumped 7.9% from a year earlier following a 7.5% annual gain in January"

Assuming that you had a fixed rate interest credit card with a 10% APR and you bought stuff in December, wouldn't you technically be ahead if you paid off balance within a year?

"The consumer price index jumped 7.9% from a year earlier following a 7.5% annual gain in January"

Assuming that you had a fixed rate interest credit card with a 10% APR and you bought stuff in December, wouldn't you technically be ahead if you paid off balance within a year?
Wages rose 5.6% ...inflation rose 7.9%. All expenses combined you are at a minimum of 2.3% poorer. I'm not sure how you calculate personal wealth by factoring a credit card that takes a year to pay off but I assure you, if you have revolving debt that takes a year to eliminate you have more serious financial problems. And you probably don't have a CC at 10% either because that goes against all consumer grading scales.

Wages rose 5.6% ...inflation rose 7.9%. All expenses combined you are at a minimum of 2.3% poorer. I'm not sure how you calculate personal wealth by factoring a credit card that takes a year to pay off but I assure you, if you have revolving debt that takes a year to eliminate you have more serious financial problems. And you probably don't have a CC at 10% either because that goes against all consumer grading scales.
Anyone paying debt on a credit card is foolish and stupid with their money. Period. Using a credit card is convenient, yes, and can have ancillary benefits like accumulating airline miles, but it is imperative that the balance be paid in full every month. This is a no-brainer, but nonetheless amazing how many Americans choose to foolishly live beyond their means and stupidly accumulate credit card debt.

Anyone paying debt on a credit card is foolish and stupid with their money. Period. Using a credit card is convenient, yes, and can have ancillary benefits like accumulating airline miles, but it is imperative that the balance be paid in full every month. This is a no-brainer, but nonetheless amazing how many Americans choose to foolishly live beyond their means and stupidly accumulate credit card debt.
I agree 100% which is why I don't see any validity to a financial plan that involves factoring of CC interest and repayment. My wife and I almost never and I mean never use our Debit cards. I haven't used mine in 7 yrs. We only use CC but we have $0 balance each money and simply collect the rewards. I bought a new truck 2 yrs ago and paid almost 1/2 of it on CC which I turned around and zero'd within a week. We made like $750 some odd dollars in rewards doing that LOL. Smart people don't run up debt. Debt is nothing more than financial slavery and leads to bad decisions.

Wages? My wages haven't gone up .01% let alone 5.6%.

Let me simplify my suggestion. Let's pretend you are getting a $1000 payout in one year and you want to buy $900 (at current prices) worth of stuff that will be going up 7% a month (for at least 2 out of the next 12 months, probably more) due to inflation. You are offered a $900 loan at 10% APR that you can pay off in one year when you get your $1000 or you can wait and buy the stuff at the inflated prices when you get your payout. Which option would buy you the most stuff for your $1000. Hint, this is why most people don't save up more than just a down payment to buy a house.

Wages? My wages haven't gone up .01% let alone 5.6%.

Let me simplify my suggestion. Let's pretend you are getting a $1000 payout in one year and you want to buy $900 (at current prices) worth of stuff that will be going up 7% a month (for at least 2 out of the next 12 months, probably more) due to inflation. You are offered a $900 loan at 10% APR that you can pay off in one year when you get your $1000 or you can wait and buy the stuff at the inflated prices when you get your payout. Which option would buy you the most stuff for your $1000. Hint, this is why most people don't save up more than just a down payment to buy a house.
Sorry I don't live or make decisions on pretend scenarios because ...their pretend. I didn't achieve my financial security by making bad choices and spending recklessly. We don't live like hermits either, both my wife and I have hobbies that we spend quite a bit on but retirement and keeping everything paid off is priority. A simpler way to understand it is what so many other pay in interest year after year we don't. Over time that adds up to a fair amount of wealth. Having a credit rating in the top 1% gets you better rates, better offers, and savings.

Sorry I don't live or make decisions on pretend scenarios because ...their pretend. I didn't achieve my financial security by making bad choices and spending recklessly. We don't live like hermits either, both my wife and I have hobbies that we spend quite a bit on but retirement and keeping everything paid off is priority. A simpler way to understand it is what so many other pay in interest year after year we don't. Over time that adds up to a fair amount of wealth. Having a credit rating in the top 1% gets you better rates, better offers, and savings.
I am glad you are doing well.

Large rifle primers have been very difficult to source the past year, whether standard, magnum or match. Small rifle seem to be most available, then small pistol standard, then small pistol magnum, followed by large pistol which are almost as scarce as large rifle. At least in my search efforts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top