Pretty sure I saw a teacher packing today...

Reactions
Im a UPS driver and today I had a delivery for a school on my route. Ever since Sandy Hook, the school has kept the front door locked and a walkie talkie sitting outside on a little table, if you need in you press the button on the walkie talkie and then a staff member will come out from the office to open the door.

So I rang the bell, and a lady who was either a teacher or the principal came out to let me in and receive the packages. She was wearing a fanny pack, a black nylon one with the little "tear away" lanyard sticking out of the corner.It did not at all match the clothing she was wearing. Pretty obvious. We made mundane chit chat for a moment while dealing with the packages, then I sort of glanced down at the fanny pack and looked back up at her. She saw me look at the fanny pack, we made eye contact, I kinded of nodded my head in an approving manner, and she smiled at me. No words were said about it.... but I knew, and she knew that I knew, and she knew that I knew that she knew. :s0155:

Reactions
Private would be OK with their approval.
Which no way in h311 is going to happen in the current environment, maaaaaybe in the most remotest school districts. And I am talking Oregon.

I wonder what would happen if a PSS educator gets fired for packing heat. Could he/she sue the state for not providing a safe place to work (OSHA violation)? Me thinks a Sandy Hook survivor would have standing.

Knopfplayer

Reactions
My understanding... It's legal to carry in a school as a CCL civilian, but it's not legal to carry if it's banned as a condition of employment. Most of my State-employeed shop would be carrying if it was possible.

Reactions
It is legal yes, but also a violation of the terms of employment. If found out, the teacher would be fired.
Come on y'all really think that the rest of the folks at the school didn't notice a "new accessory" on this woman?
And they don't have some little notion of what's in there?
She'll be fine

Well soberup,at least she didn't laugh at your package. Or is there something your leaving out?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom