JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im a UPS driver and today I had a delivery for a school on my route. Ever since Sandy Hook, the school has kept the front door locked and a walkie talkie sitting outside on a little table, if you need in you press the button on the walkie talkie and then a staff member will come out from the office to open the door.

So I rang the bell, and a lady who was either a teacher or the principal came out to let me in and receive the packages. She was wearing a fanny pack, a black nylon one with the little "tear away" lanyard sticking out of the corner.It did not at all match the clothing she was wearing. Pretty obvious. We made mundane chit chat for a moment while dealing with the packages, then I sort of glanced down at the fanny pack and looked back up at her. She saw me look at the fanny pack, we made eye contact, I kinded of nodded my head in an approving manner, and she smiled at me. No words were said about it.... but I knew, and she knew that I knew, and she knew that I knew that she knew. :s0155:

She was looking at your package, you were looking at her package, you made eye contact with mutual agreement of respect. Sounds like a Disney movie. Sorry, couldn't resist...:)

Private would be OK with their approval.
Which no way in h311 is going to happen in the current environment, maaaaaybe in the most remotest school districts. And I am talking Oregon.

I wonder what would happen if a PSS educator gets fired for packing heat. Could he/she sue the state for not providing a safe place to work (OSHA violation)? Me thinks a Sandy Hook survivor would have standing.

My understanding... It's legal to carry in a school as a CCL civilian, but it's not legal to carry if it's banned as a condition of employment. Most of my State-employeed shop would be carrying if it was possible.

It is legal yes, but also a violation of the terms of employment. If found out, the teacher would be fired.

Come on y'all really think that the rest of the folks at the school didn't notice a "new accessory" on this woman?
And they don't have some little notion of what's in there?
She'll be fine

Well soberup,at least she didn't laugh at your package. Or is there something your leaving out?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top