JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[h=3]ARTICLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS[/h]
  • 12275. This chapter shall be known as the Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989 and the .50 Caliber BMG Regulation Act of 2004.
  • 12275.5. (a) The Legislature hereby finds and declares that the proliferation and use of assault weapons poses a threat to the health, safety, and security of all citizens of this state. The Legislature has restricted the assault weapons specified in Section 12276 based upon finding that each firearm has such a high rate of fire and capacity for firepower that its function as a legitimate sports or recreational firearm is substantially outweighed by the danger that it can be used to kill and injure human beings. It is the intent of the Legislature in enacting this chapter to place restrictions on the use of assault weapons and to establish a registration and permit procedure for their lawful sale and possession. It is not, however, the intent of the Legislature by this chapter to place restrictions on the use of those weapons which are primarily designed and intended for hunting, target practice, or other legitimate sports or recreational activities.(b) The Legislature hereby finds and declares that the proliferation and use of .50 BMG rifles, as defined in Section 12278, poses a clear and present terrorist threat to the health, safety, and security of all residents of, and visitors to, this state, based upon findings that those firearms have such a high capacity for long distance and highly destructive firepower that they pose an unacceptable risk to the death and serious injury of human beings, destruction or serious damage of vital public and private buildings, civilian, police and military vehicles, power generation and transmission facilities, petrochemical production and storage facilities, and transportation infrastructure. It is the intent of the Legislature in enacting this chapter to place restrictions on the use of these rifles and to establish a registration and permit procedure for their lawful sale and possession.
  • 12276. As used in this chapter, "assault weapon" shall mean the following designated semiautomatic firearms:(a) All of the following specified rifles:(1) All AK series including, but not limited to, the models identified as follows:(A) Made in China AK, AKM, AKS, AK47, AK47S, 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S.(B) Norinco 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S.(C) Poly Technologies AKS and AK47.(D) MAADI AK47 and ARM.(2) UZI and Galil.(3) Beretta AR-70.(4) CETME Sporter.(5) Colt AR-15 series.(6) Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR110 C.(7) Fabrique Nationale FAL, LAR, FNC, 308 Match, and Sporter.(8) MAS 223.(9) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, and HK-PSG-1(10) The following MAC types:(A) RPB Industries Inc. sM10 and sM11.(B) SWD Incorporated M11.(11) SKS with detachable magazine.(12) SIG AMT, PE-57, SG 550, and SG 551.(13) Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48.(14) Sterling MK-6.(15) Steyer AUG.(16) Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78S.(17) Armalite AR-180.(18) Bushmaster Assault Rifle.(19) Calico M-900.(20) J&R ENG M-68.(21) Weaver Arms Nighthawk.(b) All of the following specified pistols:(1) UZI.(2) Encom MP-9 and MP-45.(3) The following MAC types:(A) RPB Industries Inc. sM10 and sM11.(B) SWD Incorporated M-11.(C) Advance Armament Inc. M-11.(D) Military Armament Corp. Ingram M-11.(4) Intratec TEC-9.(5) Sites Spectre.(6) Sterling MK-7.(7) Calico M-950.(8) Bushmaster Pistol.(c) All of the following specified shotguns:(1) Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12.(2) Striker 12.(3) The Streetsweeper type S/S Inc. SS/12.(d) Any firearm declared by the court pursuant to Section 12276.5 to be an assault weapon that is specified as an assault weapon in a list promulgated pursuant to Section 12276.5.(e) The term "series" includes all other models that are only variations, with minor differences, of those models listed in subdivision (a), regardless of the manufacturer.(f) This section is declaratory of existing law, as amended, and a clarification of the law and the Legislature's intent which bans the weapons enumerated in this section, the weapons included in the list promulgated by the Attorney General pursuant to Section 12276.5, and any other models which are only variations of those weapons with minor differences, regardless of the manufacturer. The Legislature has defined assault weapons as the types, series, and models listed in this section because it was the most effective way to identify and restrict a specific class of semiautomatic weapons.
And there's a whole bunch more but it won't fit so be thank full you don't live in California.

We left the DPRK in 1992. It was a relief like passing a log after driving 500 miles nonstop. Visited there last year for family business. Felt like I had left the USA.

Au contraire mon frere. We'll all be living in California soon enough when it comes to gun laws. Just give it some time.

Burt,

Although I hope you are totally wrong, I hereby nominate you as the OFFICIAL NWFA "Ray of Sunshine"... LOL! ;)

We left the DPRK in 1992. It was a relief like passing a log after driving 500 miles nonstop. Visited there last year for family business. Felt like I had left the USA.

Now THAT paints quite a picture right there! :s0131:

Earlier this year we visited friends in CA for three or four days before moving on the Phoenix. I was VERY glad to get out of there and back to where my carry licenses were recognized or not needed!!

I don't see my Draco pistol in there, maybe a different section?

Earlier this year we visited friends in CA for three or four days before moving on the Phoenix. I was VERY glad to get out of there and back to where my carry licenses were recognized or not needed!!

I don't see my Draco pistol in there, maybe a different section?

Deen_ad....your Draco wasn't around when that list was put together, your Draco would fall under SB23 and the features ban. You could get around it with a single shot exemption until it was converted to a fixed mag / non detachable mag.

And there's a whole bunch more but it won't fit so be thank full you don't live in California.

There isn't. Most of the makes/models listed are firearms produced / imported in the 90's. California is currently loaded with new black evil rifles, probably being one of the biggest markets for those rifles in the nation. I still have no idea what you were trying to say. Perhaps I should also open a thread about nothing, it's the new trend here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top