JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Antarctic loses a billion metric tons of ice every 2 days. Growing how?
Because despite annual fluctuation, the half century trend is positive ice growth with no sign of changing.

RE : Post #140

Nope.....just trying.....to make stuff easier for some people to understand. IMHO, not EVERYTHING requires a detailed EXPLAINATION to be understandable enough.

1651790054738.png

Aloha, Mark

Because despite annual fluctuation, the half century trend is positive ice growth with no sign of changing.

Okay, what you are reading about is how the surface area of the Antarctic is growing. And it is growing because the Antarctic is melting and then partially re-freezing when it hits the ocean. Which is like how you frost a cake. But the total amount of ice is decreasing, the ice shelf is getting thinner and the surface area is meaningless.

So were you aware of the facts but think the area is the only thing that matters, or were you being disingenuous?

RE : Post #140

Nope.....just trying.....to make stuff easier for some people to understand. IMHO, not EVERYTHING requires a detailed EXPLAINATION to be understandable enough.

View attachment 1192844

Aloha, Mark
Post #140? Why. . . . . that's meeeeeeeeeee! :p

Not asking for a detailed explanation and I'm sure you know it. :rolleyes: So what is the general point that you are trying to make it easier for 'some people' to understand?

Last Edited:
Re : Post #146

General Point

Less people in America = less consumption in America

Note.

And now that Brandon is running things? Do you think that the situation has gotten better? Yeah....Covid had it's effect too.

Then, add in some water facts.

Yeah......so people come to America to live the American life style. Otherwise.....why come? Wanna live like you did "back home"......then, don't come.

To SOME it's clear. To others......maybe not so much. Whatever.

WAIT, Wait, wait......
Were those FACTS cleared by The Ministry of Truth before publication?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

General Point

Note.

And now that Brandon is running things? Do you think that the situation has gotten better? Yeah....Covid had it's effect too.

Yeah......so people come to America to live the American life style. Otherwise.....why come? Wanna live like you did "back home"......then, don't come.

WAIT, Wait, wait......

Aloha, Mark
Why is consumption in America at issue? Water is global problem.

The Antarctic loses a billion metric tons of ice every 2 days. Growing how?

Okay, what you are reading about is how the surface area of the Antarctic is growing. And it is growing because the Antarctic is melting and then partially re-freezing when it hits the ocean. Which is like how you frost a cake. But the total amount of ice is decreasing, the ice shelf is getting thinner and the surface area is meaningless.
NASA disagrees with you.

General Point

Note.

WAIT, Wait, wait......

Aloha, Mark
Well, giving you credit for your heart being in the right place . . .

1,400,000 people x 29,930 gallons of water = 41,902,000,000 gallons a year, which is a lot

Well, I suck at maths and dropped a digit, the correct numbers are

11, 400,000 x 293930 = 341,202,000,000

Which as you may have noticed is substantially more and we would need to close 7,191 golf courses which is almost all of the 9,473 courses in the U.S., but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make :s0108:

but But but

the average golf course uses 130,000 gallons a day or 47,450,000 gallons a year, so . . .

41,902,000,000 / 47,450,000 = 883

So if we closed all the golf courses in JUST CA (+/- 921) or spread it out and closed just 20 golf course per state we would save MORE water and still have workers that contribute over $2 trillion to our economy each year

Last Edited:
California has always had water issues. Agriculture plus unlimited urban growth plus industrial growth have all led up to this.
The last big water project was the aqueduct and that was in 1963. Population growth has far outstripped the projections. Lots of water goes to agriculture in the San Joaquin valley. LA resents that ag gets water so cheap. Agriculture points out (rightly IMO) that without water there's no food. LA gripes because they feel they pay too much' An oversimplification perhaps, but nonetheless if California state ever splits up. it will be because of water

California has always had water issues. Agriculture plus unlimited urban growth plus industrial growth have all led up to this.
The last big water project was the aqueduct and that was in 1963. Population growth has far outstripped the projections. Lots of water goes to agriculture in the San Joaquin valley. LA resents that ag gets water so cheap. Agriculture points out (rightly IMO) that without water there's no food. LA gripes because they feel they pay too much' An oversimplification perhaps, but nonetheless if California state ever splits up. it will be because of water
I flew a Senator and a bunch of geologists around the Sierra Nevada range when I was in the Navy in 2004. They were talking about how all the agricultures projects on both sides of the range and the reservoir/canal system had been based on 19th century snow levels, which turned out to be unusually large compared to the previous thousand years. That is on top of the current drought decreases, so the system was doomed to fail from the beginning.

California's brilliant, long-range planners are well along in their plans to dry out the State enough, so that when it finally falls into the Pacific….
…. It'll FLOAT !! :s0155:

RE : Post #154

Based on a quick internet search (Pew Research Center). And, just speaking about the "unauthorized population" of just CA alone. Well, my numbers are higher than your 1.4 million figure.

But, whatever.

Aloha, Mark

RE : Post #154

Based on a quick internet search (Pew Research Center). And, just speaking about the "unauthorized population" of just CA alone. Well, my numbers are higher than your 1.4 million figure.

But, whatever.

Aloha, Mark
:( You are correct, sir! Much to me embarrassment I dropped a digit, I corrected my post.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top