JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of my first posts on this forum was to answer the question "What will be the most important commodity in the future? - paraphrasing, but close.

My answer: A clean glass of water.

COLORADO: Declining water levels caused by government, not climate.

"To be clear, it was the Interior Department's Bureau of Reclamation – not global warming – that changed the rules for managing river flows."

https://instapundit.com/526779/
Some time ago, in response to the reports of low water levels in the Colorado River reservoirs, I pointed out that I checked the reported rainfall in the Colorado Basin, and it was near normal. This article confirms my research, and pinpoints the cause.

This confirms my saying:

"There is no problem so difficult, that by involving the Government, won't be made worse."

One of my first posts on this forum was to answer the question "What will be the most important commodity in the future? - paraphrasing, but close.

My answer: A clean glass of water.
Have always thought that the #1 problem in the world is the lack of clean, accessible water. Water borne diseases probably kill more people across the earth than anything else. Even in America clean water is less and less available to poorer rural populations. Wells are polluted with agricultural chemicals/fertilizers, methane and now fracking solutions. Start sending CEOs and boards of directors in jail for a year or two and they would begin to see the benfits of cleaning their companies up.

Most don't need electricity but solar would go a long way for some far flung places. Electric pumps break down and everything stops. Manual pumps take more work but have fewer breakdowns

I have a friend who made his money originally drilling alongside freeways etc to gure out compaction etc. Sold that company and moved to Central CA and built a business drilling BIG pipes for agricultural water. But he saw the writing on the wall and got out several years ago.
The lack of water will be disasterous for the inland valleys in CA. California has been looking for water for a long time. 10 years ago they wanted to run pipelines from the Columbia River to LA.!! The Colorado River level is WAY down! Resevoirs all over are low. They want to blame climate change but mostly is just too many people and too much agricultural use.

Seems to me when you grow food in a desert, and live in a desert, yer gonna need a pretty massive resource for water…. Guess no one ever thought of that or really planned for that…

They're fighting Mother Nature, I already know who wins that one.

RE : Post 192
And, it rains in CA but?

LOL.
Yes.....it is ironic to hear about "flooding" in a Desert.

Though on a more serious note.
Did you happen to.......

Well, perhaps one should re-visit the video titled : What happens if Lake Mead runs dry? Start your viewing at about 3:12.

So then......yeah. CA would rather allocate money to "other things" versus building out water storage reservoirs. And, even when the money is allocated........good luck with actually building them.

Aloha, Mark

PS....take a music break. Yeah.....I have a sick sense of humor?

Meanwhile on the strip.

Ironically:

Ironically:

Yeah, amazing what 700 miles of desert and a huge mountain range will do for you :s0158:

I still question why California doesn't invest more heavily in desalination plants
Good question. There was money for it in the infrastructure bill passed last year. Some Southern California panel of smart people chose to not start building it due to it endangering marine life, including plankton.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top