JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ever go driving through the suburbs of Phoenix? Grass yard here, there, everywhere…in a desert…during a drought.

Anyone on the older side will likely die before things get real bad. Not much of a state they're leaving for their kids…but not leaving an environment for your progeny seems in vogue right now anyway.

Ever go driving through the suburbs of Phoenix? Grass yard here, there, everywhere…in a desert…during a drought.

Anyone on the older side will likely die before things get real bad. Not much of a state they're leaving for their kids…but not leaving an environment for your progeny seems in vogue right now anyway.
I can't say I believe either way as far as "Man Made' climate change goes. But every time I hear about severe drought I think of excessive population growth. Which I don't think ANY ONE ever discusses when their talking drought. And I go to google earth and pick a city in the desert to look at the back yard pools....

I'm amazed that in Cali a city like San Diego even allows people to keep pools filled.

I can't say I believe either way as far as "Man Made' climate change goes. But every time I hear about severe drought I think of excessive population growth. Which I don't think ANY ONE ever discusses when their talking drought. And I go to google earth and pick a city in the desert to look at the back yard pools....

I'm amazed that in Cali a city like San Diego even allows people to keep pools filled.
The population and urban sprawl of Phoenix is insane. Whether or not you think man is causing climate change is irrelevant. The world changes - people adapt to survive.

It's mildly amusing that people who don't think humans are capable of causing climate change are also the ones thinking they can control their environment by bleeding water from the sand.

So, either we don't affect the environment and have little control over it and must adapt to survive…or we do have some control and absolutely suck at working around nature.

The southwest has been in almost a perpetual drought most of my life…no one acts like it. The lights will have to go off and the taps run dry before people down there wise up to their situation.

But every time I hear about severe drought I think of excessive population growth. Which I don't think ANY ONE ever discusses when their talking drought.
I keep saying, and have been saying for years, that climate change/etc., is just one of the symptoms of peak carrying capacity - i.e., the human population is exceeding the carrying capacity of its environment (Earth). One of the symptoms of this in any given species/organism, is consumption of resources and production of waste - in the case of humans, this has affected the climate.

Whatever a person thinks the factors of cause is for climate change, it is happening, and it is wise to prepare for it.

Aloha, Mark
It has an interesting history of water rights and usage.. I did a paper in college and a lot of research on the Dam and River projects.

I always wonder why only build ONE hydro electric dam on a river... you could build them back to back. Stack on 10 hydro dams in a 10-mile stretch and power 20% of the country..

It has an interesting history of water rights and usage.. I did a paper in college and a lot of research on the Dam and River projects.

I always wonder why only build ONE hydro electric dam on a river... you could build them back to back. Stack on 10 hydro dams in a 10-mile stretch and power 20% of the country..
Kind of like the Columbia River?

Kind of like the Columbia River?
And the Snake. As someone who has been up the Columbia as far as one can go in a power boat on the US side of the border, in all of the reservoirs, I can say there are many hydro dams on the Columbia. Been up the Snake river too.

Hydro%20Map%20Army%20Corp.png

Last Edited:
I grew up in Central California where almonds are the thing to be in. A town on the Eastern side of the valley caused a real big stink over allowing more and more almond orchards to go in that would be fed from the already strained aquifers. Almonds bring in lots of cash, so they essentially said screw the people who also needed to be sustained from the same water source.

As for SoCal, when the whole "drought" thing started the NorCal lakes and reservoirs where steadily being drained. After the first year or so I was driving over the Grape Vine on I-5 and saw that Pyramid Lake at the top of the pass was chock full! Pyramid Lake supplies the LA basin and is fed by a big canal from NorCal. I cannot speak to what kind of rationing was in place, but I do know that they ran water into the gutters keeping their precious road medians green.

This was 9 years ago, so I do not know if anything is changed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top