JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The BGC thing imposed by WA I-594 was a speed bump for sure. I didn't care much about BGC per se, nor the transfer fee, I knew enough FFL dealers that were accommodating for a reasonable sum. It's the notion that I could no longer be trusted to do the right thing which ticked me off. But I did a few deals under 594, on both sides of the transaction.

Then I-1639 was hatched. I never in my wildest imagination figured a Ruger 10/22 to be an assault rifle. And my CPL is essentially worthless as a way to walk into a gun shop, buy a pistol, pass a BG check, and walk out with it. Now I'm not trusted to buy a gun, meet the BGC bar, and leave with it. Never mind the one's I may already have.

Can't be trusted with freedom, that's how it feels to me. It's a bitter taste.

I won't say whether I have ignored the person to person transfer law, but being in a Sanctuary County that keeps local law enforcement from actively going after those that ignore it, it gives me thoughts and ideas that Brownstain would find disturbing. I understand that the State Police do not recognize our Sanctuary status, but I am sure that they have better things to do than to step on the Sheriff's toes.

I miss being able to trade and sell without someone looking over my shoulder waiting to pounce. It now costs too much in fees (taxes) to do that.

I still have not had an answer about what the Sanctuary Status means or can do for us. It depends on who you ask. An FFL dealer will tell me one thing and proponents of the 2nd Amendment and Sanctuary tell me something else. There is/was a group that was going to put teeth in the Sanctuary status through the Initiative process, but I haven't heard anything lately. I need to find them again.

I don't want to start a heated discussion over this, since it really isn't worth it - it is what it is. Rant over, thanks for reading.

It's value to me isn't in the price I paid it's in it's use.

There is wisdom in that, in my opinion. It's easy to get caught up in a "good deal", but anymore I only buy something when it's what I really want, and I'm going to keep it for a long time. That being the case, I don't get so caught up in finding a bargain anymore.

Nowadays I only ever buy what I want (which isn't much), and almost never sell anything.

The BGC thing imposed by WA I-594 was a speed bump for sure. I didn't care much about BGC per se, nor the transfer fee, I knew enough FFL dealers that were accommodating for a reasonable sum. It's the notion that I could no longer be trusted to do the right thing which ticked me off. But I did a few deals under 594, on both sides of the transaction.

Then I-1639 was hatched. I never in my wildest imagination figured a Ruger 10/22 to be an assault rifle. And my CPL is essentially worthless as a way to walk into a gun shop, buy a pistol, pass a BG check, and walk out with it. Now I'm not trusted to buy a gun, meet the BGC bar, and leave with it. Never mind the one's I may already have.

Can't be trusted with freedom, that's how it feels to me. It's a bitter taste.

Fully agreed! Well said.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top