JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So here is mine...it isn't fancy , but works for me.
Andy
AR15.jpg

Thanks titsonritz...
The upper is a Bushmaster with a 16 inch "pencil" barrel 1/9 twist
The lower is by Anderson...
Furniture is Grey Magpul.
It is the first AR that I assembled....shoots fairly good too.
The target is 80 yards off hand , unsupported...3 in the 10 ring , one in 9 ring and one in the 8 ring.
Ammo was Lake City ball 55 grains
Andy

Nice, of course it is the Indian, not the arrow. ;)

I like the grey stuff I have. I have multiple ARs and sometimes wish I just stuck with basic black for the simplicity of it all, but a few years back I was doing a lot shoot with pops back in OK in blazing sun with 90-100+ temps and 90% humidity, I'll tell you what I didn't even want to touch my black stuff and was FDE most of the time. I wonder if grey would be the same deal.

Congrats on your first build.

My AR addiction recovery is not going well... I hadn't built one in well over a week, so I gathered together what I had and built this...
90FA20F5-4115-4F18-854C-AD74186B685F.jpeg CEF72ED5-4FCB-44E1-AFB9-6FE976AF79F6.jpeg
The side charging upper receiver and $200 diamond head buis are only temporary... I have grander plans for those, but the other upper I bought for this is taking too long, and I had to build something...
@AndyinEverson .... I see that you wrote
It is the first AR that I assembled....
Andy
"First"..... run away now before it gets you too!

Kinda like how my "first" muzzle loader morphed into .....well , what is a number anyway....:D
Andy
My AR addiction recovery is not going well... I hadn't built one in well over a week, so I gathered together what I had and built this...
View attachment 459835 View attachment 459836
The side charging upper receiver and $200 diamond head buis are only temporary... I have grander plans for those, but the other upper I bought for this is taking too long, and I had to build something...
@AndyinEverson .... I see that you wrote

"First"..... run away now before it gets you too!

My creations :). Up top is my 18in SPR type build, followed by my dedicated 22 and the colt style 9mm. My 16in 556 rifle is currently disassembled for some changes :). Can anyone spot my favorite part of the 22lr build? It is subtle, but there. Lol, it makes me giggle :D

SPR.jpg AR22-1.jpg ar9-1.jpg

Can I play too?

Here's my 12.5" 6.5 Grendel that I posted in another thread:
IMG_20180521_143209.jpg

Still getting it dialed in, but it smacks steel targets at 300 yards with some authority!

Now, time to work up some handloads for it...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top