JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So here is mine...it isn't fancy , but works for me.
Andy
AR15.jpg

Thanks titsonritz...
The upper is a Bushmaster with a 16 inch "pencil" barrel 1/9 twist
The lower is by Anderson...
Furniture is Grey Magpul.
It is the first AR that I assembled....shoots fairly good too.
The target is 80 yards off hand , unsupported...3 in the 10 ring , one in 9 ring and one in the 8 ring.
Ammo was Lake City ball 55 grains
Andy

Nice, of course it is the Indian, not the arrow. ;)

I like the grey stuff I have. I have multiple ARs and sometimes wish I just stuck with basic black for the simplicity of it all, but a few years back I was doing a lot shoot with pops back in OK in blazing sun with 90-100+ temps and 90% humidity, I'll tell you what I didn't even want to touch my black stuff and was FDE most of the time. I wonder if grey would be the same deal.

Congrats on your first build.

My AR addiction recovery is not going well... I hadn't built one in well over a week, so I gathered together what I had and built this...
90FA20F5-4115-4F18-854C-AD74186B685F.jpeg CEF72ED5-4FCB-44E1-AFB9-6FE976AF79F6.jpeg
The side charging upper receiver and $200 diamond head buis are only temporary... I have grander plans for those, but the other upper I bought for this is taking too long, and I had to build something...
@AndyinEverson .... I see that you wrote
It is the first AR that I assembled....
Andy
"First"..... run away now before it gets you too!

Kinda like how my "first" muzzle loader morphed into .....well , what is a number anyway....:D
Andy
My AR addiction recovery is not going well... I hadn't built one in well over a week, so I gathered together what I had and built this...
View attachment 459835 View attachment 459836
The side charging upper receiver and $200 diamond head buis are only temporary... I have grander plans for those, but the other upper I bought for this is taking too long, and I had to build something...
@AndyinEverson .... I see that you wrote

"First"..... run away now before it gets you too!

My creations :). Up top is my 18in SPR type build, followed by my dedicated 22 and the colt style 9mm. My 16in 556 rifle is currently disassembled for some changes :). Can anyone spot my favorite part of the 22lr build? It is subtle, but there. Lol, it makes me giggle :D

SPR.jpg AR22-1.jpg ar9-1.jpg

Can I play too?

Here's my 12.5" 6.5 Grendel that I posted in another thread:
IMG_20180521_143209.jpg

Still getting it dialed in, but it smacks steel targets at 300 yards with some authority!

Now, time to work up some handloads for it...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads