JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My dog, Sophie is trying to get near my plate with pizza lol. She's such a crumb snatcher. You get up and she sniffs around for any food crumbs you may have dropped lol She's still a cute pupper nonetheless.

20220805_180045.jpg

Portland may be a s-hole now, but one positive is most outdoor restaurant areas, especially around NW 23rd my old stomping grounds, are cool with dogs. When I was in CA I never have seen so many NO DOGS signs before. Specifically, beach areas.

Not technically my pets, but I had some visitors yesterday morning at my door and front yard. They got loose from a neighbor's yard and were patrolling the neighborhood. Found out that a couple blocks away they give out free eggs (tips are nice). I will be going by there 5am to get a few. Now these are what I call PASTURE RAISED chickens!

They went to town on worms, spiders, anything in their path. Would love to have a chicken coop myself at some point.

Definitely human adapted. Went out there to see them up close and they were like 'we'll move along when done.'

1661017220269.JPEG 1661017220411.JPEG 1661017220550.JPEG 1661017220690.JPEG

Last Edited:
I lost my little best friend yesterday to liver failure. When the vet recommended euthanasia I remembered how I selfishly waited with my last 21-year old cat and she needless suffered. So I took her right in, but wow I am still emotionally fractured by this even more so than I expected.

It isn't like I wasn't trying before the bloodwork diagnosis. Plastic syringe orally fed and water/electrolytes every four hours or so.
So stressful. She rebounded a couple times but deep down after 4-5 days of not being able to eat on her own I expected terrible news and I got it. Loved the little girl. Just a couple days ago she wanted outside - never does that, never outside - but let her out cause saw it as kind of a last wish. The Vet tech said that urge is common. Cats often know they are very ill and go off on there own and don't return.

20220917_184304.jpg

I lost my little best friend yesterday to liver failure. When the vet recommended euthanasia I remembered how I selfishly waited with my last 21-year old cat and she needless suffered. So I took her right in, but wow I am still emotionally fractured by this even more so than I expected.

It isn't like I wasn't trying before the bloodwork diagnosis. Plastic syringe orally fed and water/electrolytes every four hours or so.
So stressful. She rebounded a couple times but deep down after 4-5 days of not being able to eat on her own I expected terrible news and I got it. Loved the little girl. Just a couple days ago she wanted outside - never does that, never outside - but let her out cause saw it as kind of a last wish. The Vet tech said that urge is common. Cats often know they are very ill and go off on there own and don't return.

View attachment 1281678
Truly Sorry Burt. It's a really hard season to go thru. Thanks for the Pic.

Funny how we usually cry more when a Beloved Pet passes on than we do over certain Humans.

C. S. Lewis wrote about that in his book "Mere Christianity".

He said it has to do with the departed's Capacity for Evil.

My Little puppy could be Naughty but not intentionally Evil. Conversely, nobody cried when Bin Ladin died.

View attachment 1281678
Sorry to hear that news, Burt. I had a kitty decades ago, Trango, who's story I told in this thread before. Triple feedings daily, triple Ringers lactated sub-Q injections daily, special foods, skipped vacations, etc. They really take a part of us with them when they go, don't they?

Last Edited:
Still kind of stunned at how this affected me. Kind of thought I was almost a robot by now (living tissue over a metal endoskeleton). Probably because humans have de-evolved into such disappointments in almost every way. I guess I need to stop drinking beer. All that estrogen has messed with me. I know there are a lot of guys that see cats, dogs, and other pets as 'critters', and maybe some are, but some are something really special.

One of my favorite animal guys ---

Sorry for your loss, Burt. Yes they do get to more loved than some humans. After the 4 died that we had for over a 25 year span(all different ages) we decide we were only going to have only one, just too hard to loose one every couple of years at the end. Fate intervened and now we have four, they kept showing up at our doorstep. The thing is that the new ones almost replicate the four that we had for years both in physical looks and temperament. There must be kitty reincarnation. They are all 4 years old or less so I think this time being almost 72 that I will go first this time.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top