JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this picture and it put a frog to my throat. Made me proud of our country and people even with all that is polarizing.

This is all of the utility trucks staged and read to help Florida.

BB0AE239-B8F2-462C-B9A2-540BE731A7F4.jpeg

Due to the hate on the Governor there the legacy media is going to be loath to admit anything there is being done right. Unless Joe shows up to stumble around incoherent for a few. Then they will think he was great. As soon as he leaves we will be told nothing is done correctly. 🤬

Due to the hate on the Governor there the legacy media is going to be loath to admit anything there is being done right. Unless Joe shows up to stumble around incoherent for a few. Then they will think he was great. As soon as he leaves we will be told nothing is done correctly. 🤬

Bingo.
I suspect the potato and his regime wont let this disaster go to waste either. It will be spun up to promote an already failing regime and domestic energy policy.

Sorry to see this thread get political, as I am betting it was meant to be inspirational.
Those poor folks who got hammered are lucky they have someone in charge who will really will work like hell to get them back to some kind of "normal". One of my kids is down there with her future spouse to meet her future in laws and caught in that. They were safe where they were but last time her phone worked it was already a hell of a mess. Now they get to dig out and clean up. It is amazing what we can do with good leadership.

I still have family and friends in Florida that are directly affected by this storm.

Having grown up there, I understand the mentality of wanting to stay and help out. My God-brother was supposed to fly here this week, but his National Guard unit was activated.

If it wasn't for the Navy moving me around, I wouldn't have thought about moving out west. I would probably be in the thick of it.

The thing is, no matter what your politics are... in the South... people are more apt to help out because it's the right thing to do.

Last Edited:
The Cajun Navy was in Ft Myers area last night and made 20 rescues before dawn this morning! Sheriff's rescue teams were out in the early morning light. Nothing against either group(s), just how many good guys are out there

Bingo.
I suspect the potato and his regime wont let this disaster go to waste either. It will be spun up to promote an already failing regime and domestic energy policy.
(Sarcasm) Just think how much energy could be created if we had windmills out there in the Gulf during this! John Kerry's on this!!!

Those poor folks who got hammered are lucky they have someone in charge who will really will work like hell to get them back to some kind of "normal". One of my kids is down there with her future spouse to meet her future in laws and caught in that. They were safe where they were but last time her phone worked it was already a hell of a mess. Now they get to dig out and clean up. It is amazing what we can do with good leadership.

Glad your daughter is OK! Best wishes to all afflicted.

Saw this picture and it put a frog to my throat. Made me proud of our country and people even with all that is polarizing.

This is all of the utility trucks staged and read to help Florida.

View attachment 1284090
I agree and it is a good thing that people are helping one another. IT gives me a lump in my throat too.

Many people are helping out from all walks of life and 'sides'.

They are heading down there or are already there helping out. Some of them DO live there and 'stayed' or are coming from another part of FL.

My state and my former state sent NG troops down there. Many other search and rescue groups from a to z and ordinary citizens are helping out.

TONS of NG troops from all states, AIR NG and ARMY NG, etc. are helping out.

Especially in civil engineering groups with specific FIGHTER WINGS, etc.

Plus they have been flying in and out and rescuing people non stop once they could start to do this from what I have read and seen.

My husband knows a man online who lives in the MIDDLE of this mess and he gave out reports in his area. My husband read that to me too.

Power companies from a to z and the FL ones are ready to go.

Just like what happened and how they HELPED with Hurricane Sandy years ago in another area (NJ, NY, Canada, etc.) which was HORRIFIC! (Plus in other areas.)

IT is very bad down there.

My older sister lives down there on the Atlantic side. NEAR the space center. She is in hospice care and just came BACK to her apartment home from having some SPECIAL TESTS in a hospital in ORLANDO. The end of last week. She was supposed to evacuate on TUESDAY but with the weather changes - they did not leave like they did several years ago with another hurricane. Many people are in her senior citizen building - old people AND younger people with special physical needs.

I have some friends in and around the Orlando area too. They moved down there years ago for retirement. One other man who used to work with my late husband bought land, built a house and LIVES in the area that got hit really, really BAD. LEE COUNTY (?) from what I gather.

PR, Cuba, parts of Eastern Canada got hit really HARD with storms in the last couple of weeks too.

Prayers said for the people who are helping out in all of these areas and for the injured and dead victims.

For the last couple of days/nights, I have been listening to an ONLINE radio station, one of many, but THIS ONE gave super good reports almost NON stop with updates.

I did notice that they put on part of C to C AM radio show on for a brief time the other night. Last night? Maybe again tonight? I did not tune it in this time in the wee hours on FRIDAY AM = now.

IT is from FLORIDA.

WFLA and it is in the TAMPA AREA.

One radio man lives in a house and the other radio man lives in a mobile home. They live and broadcast out of TAMPA.

They were ON the radio almost non stop and giving updates with callers and other radio hosts from other parts of FL.

Take care!

Prayers said for all of them down there (FL) and in other badly damaged storm areas across this nation and world.

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews