JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He was abandoned by some neighbors. Had a giant set of nuts on him and sprayed everything. I didn't make him do anything, I adopted him instead of letting him stay outside.
He's being a little phucker today.
I had one like that that got abandoned. He was ornery. But he waited for me in the driveway every day while I was working. We had 12 years of friendship. There is nothing wrong with being a little ornery

I had one like that that got abandoned. He was ornery. But he waited for me in the driveway every day while I was working. We had 12 years of friendship. There is nothing wrong with being a little ornery
All 3 of mine were strays. They're all azzholes. This guy was actually born in a construction debris pile behind the apartments I live in, and the folks who ditched him took him out of the pile. Then ditched him a few years later. 376C64E4-A4DB-482A-A103-C4EF46749B1F.jpeg
These two are my others. The gray one is Cliff Burton, he's somewhere between 11 and 14 (I don't really know how old he was when he showed up, we've had him 11 years). The black and white one is Binks, (aka Littles, aka Potato) he's 8 and he is 100% my best pal. Actually, I think I just have Stockholm syndrome, as he is a feline sociopath who goes into dissociative states and commits atrocities.
4A0B7351-EA13-450A-8AB1-522889970BB5.jpeg
7B5612C4-0F35-4F72-B904-AAC42B1FCB89.jpeg

@OldTengu

Now I just have this :p

Her name is Bob haha. We been together since 2011. Only has 1 fang left. I spoil her rotten. She is nagging me for lunch in the picture haha.

I love critters. Especially predators. Nobody likes to see anything get killed but Good Golly it's amazing when they go after the prey. She used to be quite a hunter.

She's 15 😬

20220521_124647.jpg

All 3 of mine were strays. They're all azzholes. This guy was actually born in a construction debris pile behind the apartments I live in, and the folks who ditched him took him out of the pile. Then ditched him a few years later. View attachment 1204355
These two are my others. The gray one is Cliff Burton, he's somewhere between 11 and 14 (I don't really know how old he was when he showed up, we've had him 11 years). The black and white one is Binks, (aka Littles, aka Potato) he's 8 and he is 100% my best pal. Actually, I think I just have Stockholm syndrome, as he is a feline sociopath who goes into dissociative states and commits atrocities.
View attachment 1204356
View attachment 1204364
Yes, plenty of cats around no need to go to the pet store and pay for it good grief

He was abandoned by some neighbors. Had a giant set of nuts on him and sprayed everything. I didn't make him do anything, I adopted him instead of letting him stay outside.
He's being a little phucker today.
Shelters here used to just put down feral cats brought in as they tend to be VERY hard to make pets of. Then at least one of them started letting them out as "barn cats". For people who have outbuilding and want a cat to keep the mice and rats out. They fix the cats, adopt them out cheap for people who will give them shelter and feed them. Have know a few who did this and it went great. Cats had run of the barn, so safe dry place to sleep. If fed they repaid by killing any furry critters that tried to set up house in their barn. Cats and owners seemed quite happy with the whole set up. :D

@OldTengu

Now I just have this :p

Her name is Bob haha. We been together since 2011. Only has 1 fang left. I spoil her rotten. She is nagging me for lunch in the picture haha.

I love critters. Especially predators. Nobody likes to see anything get killed but Good Golly it's amazing when they go after the prey. She used to be quite a hunter.

She's 15 😬
I love watching predators around me. Feed critters here and now and then get a front row seat to watch the hunters. Couple Hawks that have this as their territory love me. I fatten up squirrels, birds, and rabbits. Now and then I get to see them swoop in and take one. Makes some cringe when they see it but to me its part of nature. Wife keeps worrying about one of the aerial hunters going after one of our dogs. I keep telling her the reason for keeping lots of wild game well fed is the predators will go after the easy food and I keep plenty of it around. So makes it easier to keep our dogs, who only weigh 5#'s each, off the menu. :D

I love watching predators around me. Feed critters here and now and then get a front row seat to watch the hunters. Couple Hawks that have this as their territory love me. I fatten up squirrels, birds, and rabbits. Now and then I get to see them swoop in and take one. Makes some cringe when they see it but to me its part of nature. Wife keeps worrying about one of the aerial hunters going after one of our dogs. I keep telling her the reason for keeping lots of wild game well fed is the predators will go after the easy food and I keep plenty of it around. So makes it easier to keep our dogs, who only weigh 5#'s each, off the menu. :D
Gotta eat. Gotta feed the babies. The desert down here is like a Tarantino film. Watching it play out the desperation is palpable. It's hardcore. It's brutal. But it is what it is. The Predators focus is amazing. I suppose it's because everything is on the line.

Gotta eat. Gotta feed the babies. The desert down here is like a Tarantino film. Watching it play out the desperation is palpable. It's hardcore. It's brutal. But it is what it is. The Predators focus is amazing. I suppose it's because everything is on the line.
Yep, I have been doing this for decades. Some people cringe seeing "cute critters" get eaten. I just tell them it was set up this way. Predators take the slowest so the strong survive to make more. Everyone has to eat. I have often used that line on people who proudly tell me they will NOT have a gun in their home. I shrug and say the bad people have to eat too. Makes some of them really angry but they stop telling me how much better they are by not having a gun :D

Yep, I have been doing this for decades. Some people cringe seeing "cute critters" get eaten. I just tell them it was set up this way. Predators take the slowest so the strong survive to make more. Everyone has to eat. I have often used that line on people who proudly tell me they will NOT have a gun in their home. I shrug and say the bad people have to eat too. Makes some of them really angry but they stop telling me how much better they are by not having a gun :D
They will be right on your doorstep asking for help when the S really hits the fan.

They will be right on your doorstep asking for help when the S really hits the fan.
Wife has a HUGE family. All of them will not own a gun. We tried for years, I gave up. I told her many a time. One day if one of them survives a bad event they may change their mind. I am always willing to take them to the range and show them how its done but, lead a horse to water and all. :s0092:

Wife has a HUGE family. All of them will not own a gun. We tried for years, I gave up. I told her many a time. One day if one of them survives a bad event they may change their mind. I am always willing to take them to the range and show them how its done but, lead a horse to water and all. :s0092:
Yep. You should just watch the news. No point in trying something out for yourself. Or asking a real expert how it works. If I take off running right now do you think my guns will chase after me? This fear thing is completely out of control.

Believe it or not, this cat adopted me at my club's range. Someone dumped her on the Highway and she made her way to the rail car we use for storage and to sign in. She was starving and thirsty but was tough enough to survive as an older kitten until she "adopted" me. My wife named her Isabelle, and she is better known as "Busy Izzie" and frequently terrorizes our 85 lb rescue mutt without provocation. Also known to ambush our son's 55 lb lab that we provide doggy day care for when he is at work.
3E4981E2-228F-4085-8A30-D13DF8AE6365.jpeg D45FFD5A-E24E-4439-B834-664EE8EB5060.jpeg

Never knew there were so many cat types here
It is a closet thing but we're out here haha. I can't give enough attention and care to a dog. Mostly cats could care less so it works. Great pets for people who don't like a lot of people around because they don't like people either even though they depend on them:p. They are what they are. I love dogs I wish I could have one.

It is a closet thing but we're out here haha. I can't give enough attention and care to a dog. Mostly cats could care less so it works. Great pets for people who don't like a lot of people around because they don't like people either even though they depend on them:p. They are what they are. I love dogs I wish I could have one.
Just don't start "rescuing" them, LOL. Crazy cat people think they are saving them by bringing every cat that passes through into their house and never letting them back out. I know of two different people who "rescue" cats and have over ten each, LOL.

Just don't start "rescuing" them, LOL. Crazy cat people think they are saving them by bringing every cat that passes through into their house and never letting them back out. I know of two different people who "rescue" cats and have over ten each, LOL.
I can only rescue one at a time. She's probably going to be my last sidekick. I don't think I can handle losing another one. They have short lives and we get attached. She is my fifth cat (one at a time) and I can't even believe how attached I am. She is always by my side. I had a cat once who was really cool and he even guarded the baby's bassinet. He would stand there like a damn bulldog with his chest all puffed out . I never thought I could get so attached again. But then there's Bob. I'm actually frightened. I try not to think about it most of the time but I am dreading the day.

I can only rescue one at a time. She's probably going to be my last sidekick. I don't think I can handle losing another one. They have short lives and we get attached. She is my fifth cat (one at a time) and I can't even believe how attached I am. She is always by my side. I had a cat once who was really cool and he even guarded the baby's bassinet. He would stand there like a damn bulldog with his chest all puffed out . I never thought I could get so attached again. But then there's Bob. I'm actually frightened. I try not to think about it most of the time but I am dreading the day.
Completely agree! Pets are almost better than friends, sometimes far better. They don't judge you, only want to be with you to keep you happy. Thinking about what you said makes me worry now that my oldest dog is getting up there in years. This dog is everything I ever wanted and then some, he's always ready to wrestle or protect, or cuddle when needed. Not a small animal, about 70lbs, but has very well kept short hair that doesn't shed. A trait of Viszlas and Weimaraner cross.

20190206_095008 (1).jpg
Both caught as kittens,best cats we ever had. They both passed this last year after 12 years of being our best cats of all time...

View attachment 1204694
Both caught as kittens,best cats we ever had. They both passed this last year after 12 years of being our best cats of all time...
Critters...they do get under our skin and become family somehow. I'm sorry about your babies. I spoil Bob terribly. I know the day is coming and it's hard to handle. I'm trying to have the perspective that every day is a gift. I am praying that she dies in her sleep because if I have to put her down it's going to kill me. She and I have lived a lot of life together.

Shelters here used to just put down feral cats brought in as they tend to be VERY hard to make pets of. Then at least one of them started letting them out as "barn cats". For people who have outbuilding and want a cat to keep the mice and rats out. They fix the cats, adopt them out cheap for people who will give them shelter and feed them. Have know a few who did this and it went great. Cats had run of the barn, so safe dry place to sleep. If fed they repaid by killing any furry critters that tried to set up house in their barn. Cats and owners seemed quite happy with the whole set up. :D
I think if any of these guys were full feral, we wouldn't have tried.
Cliffy, the gray one was brought home by an old roommate. He used to wander around a residential care home she worked at and the facility manager was going to have animal control come get him. He was already neutered and box trained. We decided to keep him.
Potato, the black and white fella, came walking into our apartment complex one day while I was outside, walked past a half dozen other people and stopped at my feet. Later that day, I had the door open and he snuck in the house and fell asleep on a chair. He was covered in bugs and road tar and garbage water and lord knows what else. Been here ever since. He is probably the main reason I haven't bought a home, since his medical bills the first few years of his life were substantial, and almost exclusively paid for with credit cards. He's the most expensive thing I own, by a pretty decent margin.
Dwight was outside for a little while, maybe 6 months, but never with out human contact (me) for more than a day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top