JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So my pup discovered squirrels and that was it… other dogs ceased to exist!

C64EC70C-7C9B-4E5B-821F-ABD60843FAE3.jpeg

My cat Charli is most decidedly a bird and mouse assassin, but I've never heard of a domesticated feline assassinating lagomorphs! :eek:
That's impressive!
Lagomorphs are high on his to do list. He also kills mice but he usually eats those. Birds too but he's 13 and losing his vision. 2 rats, one large mouse and that rabbit in the last 2 weeks.

One night last week I went to bed without locking her cat door. She had access to the outdoors all night, which I universally do not allow. I awoke the next morning to about a down pillow's worth of sparrow feathers all over the floor of my master bathroom, and the denuded corpse of some poor sparrow. :rolleyes:

For some odd reason, whenever she catches something, she brings it into my master bath to pluck and disembowel it (in the case of birds), or in the case of mice, she jumps into the jetted tub with them. She chases them around in the tub (since they can no longer escape) and plays with them until they're near-death. Then she leaves them in the tub to recover while she goes off and does other cat things. She comes back from time to time to check on them to see if they've recovered enough to chase around some more. If they have, then she plays with them some more until they either collapse from exhaustion again or die.

I've taken to checking the tub first thing in the morning, and if I find a hapless rodent in there barely clinging to life, I pick it up and toss it over the fence into the bushes in the neighbor's yard (where there are no pets/predators). Then I lock the cat door so Charli can't chase after it in it's weakened state and recapture it. I have saved the lives of countless mice in this fashion that otherwise would have met a most ghastly demise...

One night last week I went to bed without locking her cat door. She had access to the outdoors all night, which I universally do not allow. I awoke the next morning to about a down pillow's worth of sparrow feathers all over the floor of my master bathroom, and the denuded corpse of some poor sparrow. :rolleyes:

For some odd reason, whenever she catches something, she brings it into my master bath to pluck and disembowel it (in the case of birds), or in the case of mice, she jumps into the jetted tub with them. She chases them around in the tub (since they can no longer escape) and plays with them until they're near-death. Then she leaves them in the tub to recover while she goes off and does other cat things. She comes back from time to time to check on them to see if they've recovered enough to chase around some more. If they have, then she plays with them some more until they either collapse from exhaustion again or die.

I've taken to checking the tub first thing in the morning, and if I find a hapless rodent in there barely clinging to life, I pick it up and toss it over the fence into the bushes in the neighbor's yard (where there are no pets/predators). Then I lock the cat door so Charli can't chase after it in it's weakened state and recapture it. I have saved the lives of countless mice in this fashion that otherwise would have met a most ghastly demise...
You are getting fine offerings, my friend.
I had another cat years ago.who was a master hunter. One evening I walked in the bedroom and stepped on what.I thought was a shoe but she left a dead squirrel. She once brought in a live bird and dropped it at my feet. I was able to save that one.

You are getting fine offerings, my friend.
I had another cat years ago.who was a master hunter. One evening I walked in the bedroom and stepped on what.I thought was a shoe but she left a dead squirrel. She once brought in a live bird and dropped it at my feet. I was able to save that one.
On at least two occasions I can recall, she has brought in a live bird and let it loose in my living room. My living room has 16-foot high coved ceilings. The bird would flutter around at the top of the ceiling-wall interface, trying to find an escape route, but to no avail. Charli would follow the bird around from the floor, constantly moving to be below the bird as it flew all around the edges of the ceiling. Eventually, the bird would tire and fall to the floor, at which point I would have to race Charli for the bird. The first time, she got to the bird first, grabbed it, and skedaddled out her cat door. I was to find that bird (assumed it was the same one) in my tub later that day. :(

Wise now to her game, the next time she brought in a bird and released it in the living room, I immediately ran to lock her cat door while the bird was still capable of flight. Eventually , that bird also tired and fell to the floor, but this time when Charli grabbed it and raced to her cat door, she slammed into it so hard she dropped the bird. Dazed by the impact, she released the creature and I was able to capture it before either one of them recovered. This time, I was able to release the hapless sparrow into the neighbor's yard. For a long time after that, Charli didn't trust her cat door... :s0140:

My cat Charli is most decidedly a bird and mouse assassin, but I've never heard of a domesticated feline assassinating lagomorphs! :eek:
That's impressive!
I used to have a mixed breed dog named Lupé and a cat named Sam. Lupé would scare the rabbits out of the brush and Sam would kill them. She got the guts and eyes, Lupé got the muscle and bones.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top