JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is a closet thing but we're out here haha. I can't give enough attention and care to a dog. Mostly cats could care less so it works. Great pets for people who don't like a lot of people around because they don't like people either even though they depend on them:p. They are what they are. I love dogs I wish I could have one.
With me it is that dogs just don't like me. When I was 6 months old my mom was taking me for a ride in the baby carriage and this dog came up and bit me. And it has been that way for the last 71 years. Dogs I have never seen before become aggressive towards me. My wife has a chihuahua and it has bitten me more times than I can count. It barks and snarls at me every time I am in the same room. I just ignore him. Now cats they seem to come out of the woodwork and want me to be their friend. I put up with my wife's dog because she loves it.

Love, love, love dogs and they mostly feel the same about me. My never-home life doesn't make for being a reasonable and caring dog owner. So instead I have a cat that owns me. She could care a less what I do or when I do it as long as there is food in her bowl.

Love, love, love dogs and they mostly feel the same about me. My never-home life doesn't make for being a reasonable and caring dog owner. So instead I have a cat that owns me. She could care a less what I do or when I do it as long as there is food in her bowl.
Same way with all of the cats I've had over the decades. I'd go off on weekend/several day climbing trips, leave them with a big bowl of food and water, and a copula litter boxes. I'd come back home and they'd be like, "You were gone? Wow, didn't even notice..."

Believe it or not, this cat adopted me at my club's range. Someone dumped her on the Highway and she made her way to the rail car we use for storage and to sign in.
So, you've got me a might curious... Your location says "Kennewick" and you mention a railcar as your range house.
What range might you be using? I'm not familiar with any range around here that uses a boxcar as its range house...

So, you've got me a might curious... Your location says "Kennewick" and you mention a railcar as your range house.
What range might you be using? I'm not familiar with any range around here that uses a boxcar as its range house...
Tri City Metallic Silhouette Association out off the Kahlotus Highway. (Although it has been years since we had silhouette matches).

Ahhhhhh... I have heard of them, but have never been to that range. Thanks!
Let me know if you would like to check it out as my guest. I was out there this morning testing .22 lr ammo at 100 yards from the bench. It is a pretty good deal, covered concrete benches, target boards and steel gongs at 100 and 200 yards, handgun/rimfire target boards at 50/25/15 and 7 yards. $20 initiation fee+ $60 per year. A few different competitions offered on weekends, but I have never encountered the range being full, except for the .22 rimfire 100 yard matches early Saturday morning one day a month. If you volunteer for a work party during the year you get $20 credit on your next renewal, so $40 a year for access to a safe place to shoot that is available about 350 days a year.

Let me know if you would like to check it out as my guest. I was out there this morning testing .22 lr ammo at 100 yards from the bench. It is a pretty good deal, covered concrete benches, target boards and steel gongs at 100 and 200 yards, handgun/rimfire target boards at 50/25/15 and 7 yards. $20 initiation fee+ $60 per year. A few different competitions offered on weekends, but I have never encountered the range being full, except for the .22 rimfire 100 yard matches early Saturday morning one day a month. If you volunteer for a work party during the year you get $20 credit on your next renewal, so $40 a year for access to a safe place to shoot that is available about 350 days a year.
Much obliged! I'll also offer up my range for you to check as my guest! It's Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility right outside of Benton City. We've got covered wooden tables and bays out to 100 yards, with permanently embedded target stand rails at 7, 25, 50, and 100 yards. You can also set up target stands at any distance within that 100 yards. We also have steel gongs going up the hill at 200, 250 (18-inch gongs), 300, 350, 400 (2 MOA gongs), and 450 (1 MOA, 2 MOA, and a 24-inch disk) yards, two plinking ranges (centerfire pistol and rimfire), and a dozen pistol bays for private practice work. No initiation fee, only $50 per year for singles and $75 for spousal memberships. Kids under 18 shoot free with an adult. There's also a shotgun house and range (which I never go to) that runs comps all the time that is part of the membership and is also open to the public for a small fee.

Competitions are offered on almost every weekend on the private side, which becomes open to the public for those weekends. The public side of the range may fill up right before hunting season as people sight in their rifles, but I'm an RSO so I have a prox card that lets me shoot on the "private side" at any time, so the range being "full" is never an issue for me. We have a speed steel shoot the 1st Sunday of every month, a USPSA match the 3rd Sunday of every month, and a Cowboy Action shoot on a Saturday every month. There's also hi-power shoots on the 1,000-yd range fairly regularly, along with CMP gatherings.

We don't offer a price break for volunteering, but $50 will get you out of your volunteering for the High-Power range (which I usually pay, since I don't show up for most matches to pull targets or clean up). But I am an RSO, and as one, I stand my 3 duty days per year at the public side of the range, but that's just 18 hours over the course of an entire year. In trade for those 18 hours, I have unlimited access to the "private" side of the range all year long. That's where I spend almost all of my time - the private 100-yard rifle/pistol range, or in the dozen or so pistol bays where I practice USPSA pistol coursework.

Click on the image to embiggen it.

1653446250673.png

Last Edited:
I don't like cats but one showed up so I started feeding it, then another showed up. I told them not to bring over any more buddies.

It's a year later and I got a cat house on my porch and 2 cats that never seem to leave my porch.

20220523_183747.jpg

Our mutt has devoted her existence to determining how far down the road she can sense the UPS/FEDEX/USPS delivery trucks...and then let the barking begin. But not just barking, more like "we are under attack and everybody will die a horrible death and why are you not paying attention to the evilness about to befall us we are all doomed" kind of barking. Only to find out it's her monthly delivery of "kong box", as just happened 10 minutes ago. We are so owned by these pets.

I don't like cats but one showed up so I started feeding it, then another showed up. I told them not to bring over any more buddies.

It's a year later and I got a cat house on my porch and 2 cats that never seem to leave my porch.

View attachment 1206651
Don't operate under the illusion that you get to pick your cat haha. They pick you make no mistake about it. Good on you for giving them a roof over their head. It looks like they appreciate it quite a lot actually.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top