JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Newest acquisition, Tisas 1911a1 Service. Not too shabby at all for $299. Nice case, two 8-rd mags, wrench, and cleaning kit.
No complaints.

967E4755-B670-4D2D-AECF-72281FD4F717.jpeg F0ACD4FD-462A-4773-B409-D71545F57499.jpeg

I hear good things about the SDS Tisas, I want a carry model with rail.

What I really want is a FXH-45 MOXIE, it's a hybrid that takes Glock sights and has a rail plus it's optics ready. Anyone got exp with them? I found a few YouTube vids and one guy claims to have had 5k trouble free rounds.

I hear good things about the SDS Tisas, I want a carry model with rail.

What I really want is a FXH-45 MOXIE, it's a hybrid that takes Glock sights and has a rail plus it's optics ready. Anyone got exp with them? I found a few YouTube vids and one guy claims to have had 5k trouble free rounds.

Can't go wrong at that price. That's an intriguing pistol. Let us know if you get one.

Last Edited:
It's all about the picture. I didn't really like the grips in the first picture, but the ones in the other pics are gorgeous. Then, I realized they were the same grips! :D
First pic is the material raw. Second pic is after an overnight soak in Ritt black dye.
This is a pic of the gun with VZ slim grips.... notice the wide border around them. The Girsan frame flats are larger than standard 1911 due to less curve in frontstrap and backstraps.....regular grips look like crap.

Joe

20210502_171825.jpg

Nothing particularly special about it. It's a Colt Government Model 1911 in 9mm Para. Completely stock. I believe it was made around 2012. It's only significance is that it's my last 1911. When I disposed of 75% of my firearms within the past few years, it was on the short list to keep. When a person decides to do this, they have to make choices. Due to age and peripheral neuropathy, when shooting my 1911 .45's and 10mm Autos, I was having problems holding onto them. So the 9mm stayed, the rest went. My .38 Supers went, too, they were in the 75% that I decided to let go of.

Many years ago, maybe around late 1970's, I was in a gun store and they had a Colt Series 70 in 9mm. I thought about buying it and passed. It was $175. It wasn't until decades later that I finally bought the one pictured. I think I paid $800 something for it, but money now is worth much less than in the 1970's.

PC060010.JPG

Last Edited:
I am looking at a EAA GIRSAN MC1911S XLV 45 AUTO 5'' 8-RD SEMI-AUTO PISTOL FDE, $469 at BiMart. $507 online.

View attachment 1290478
The prices have definitely gone up.
I think they are great guns. I don't have a lot of rounds through mine, however, right out of the box it ran perfect and shot to poa.
Seems parts are generally mil-spec interchangeable HOWEVER, grip screws, and grip screw bushings are an odd fine metric size. On mine, the bushing spacing was just a very little wide, such that standard grips need a tiny adjustment to fit.
Perfect candidate for custom grips! :)

Joe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews