JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A small remuda of Rampant Ponies!
All of these are Series 80 modern firearms...
Will post the Series 70, then Commercials and last the war guns and pre M1911 collection.

IMG_0082.JPG

Here's my 1974 series 70. I lost interest in it early on and tried to sell it a couple of times. Some couldn't deal with the evil serial number and others didn't like the target sights even though I still had the originals. I recently put new grips on it and adjusted the extractor and now it runs like a clock. I'm glad I kept it now.

303131EE-E0E1-4342-805F-799E42F9437B.jpeg

Here's my 1974 series 70. I lost interest in it early on and tried to sell it a couple of times. Some couldn't deal with the evil serial number and others didn't like the target sights even though I still had the originals. I recently put new grips on it and adjusted the extractor and now it runs like a clock. I'm glad I kept it now.

View attachment 799977
That is a worthless POS and you should remove it from your collection ASAP. Please PM me when that will happen so I can get rid of it for ya at your local FFL........

not really the Dalles is not on my travel itinerary anymore.:(

I only have 3 1911s.

One is a RIA officers sized model . I forget the exact one. Got it used in a deal with some ammo a few months before COVID.. Never actually shot it myself. I loaned it to Dad with some ball and SD ammo when things got dicey at the first of COVID. Makes me feel better than him just having his S&W 1917 .45 (and ammo that is the same age).

RIA 1911 officer.jpg

Second is the Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Loaded Ed. Bought it used and abused. A little bit of love including a new barrel and is shoots great.

SA 1911-A1 Loaded.jpg

The third was actually the first I bought. Wanted a 1911 and stumbled on a guy selling a "Auto Ordinance 1911" with little detail and one bad pic. Price was decent and I talked him down some. Seemed like a college kid who just did not want "that old gun". Not the first time I have bought an "old gun" someone did not want. Got home to look it over. It is indeed a Auto Ordinance Corp 1911 SLIDE, but it is sitting on a Caspian Arms frame. I had to look them up I knew so little of 1911s. So it seems this is a custom built 1911 with top grade internals, Novak sights, custom "paint", and a sweet tune. The trigger is almost too light. :)

Luckily I had a Boyt soft case that just happened to have green padding inside. LOL

Caspian 1911.jpg

My 1965 vintage Colt Commercial with Van Horne high ride holster, and rosewood/ivory grips.

H3m4zB7l.jpg

XiuAZtJl.jpg

Thats a sweet colt

Thanks! It's also got the same year Colt Ace Conversion Kit with it. Still new in box, with all the original paperwork, and a $68 receipt! Plus two mags instead of the single that came in the kit.

vPUz7i8l.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads