JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A small remuda of Rampant Ponies!
All of these are Series 80 modern firearms...
Will post the Series 70, then Commercials and last the war guns and pre M1911 collection.

IMG_0082.JPG

Here's my 1974 series 70. I lost interest in it early on and tried to sell it a couple of times. Some couldn't deal with the evil serial number and others didn't like the target sights even though I still had the originals. I recently put new grips on it and adjusted the extractor and now it runs like a clock. I'm glad I kept it now.

303131EE-E0E1-4342-805F-799E42F9437B.jpeg

Here's my 1974 series 70. I lost interest in it early on and tried to sell it a couple of times. Some couldn't deal with the evil serial number and others didn't like the target sights even though I still had the originals. I recently put new grips on it and adjusted the extractor and now it runs like a clock. I'm glad I kept it now.

View attachment 799977
That is a worthless POS and you should remove it from your collection ASAP. Please PM me when that will happen so I can get rid of it for ya at your local FFL........

not really the Dalles is not on my travel itinerary anymore.:(

I only have 3 1911s.

One is a RIA officers sized model . I forget the exact one. Got it used in a deal with some ammo a few months before COVID.. Never actually shot it myself. I loaned it to Dad with some ball and SD ammo when things got dicey at the first of COVID. Makes me feel better than him just having his S&W 1917 .45 (and ammo that is the same age).

RIA 1911 officer.jpg

Second is the Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Loaded Ed. Bought it used and abused. A little bit of love including a new barrel and is shoots great.

SA 1911-A1 Loaded.jpg

The third was actually the first I bought. Wanted a 1911 and stumbled on a guy selling a "Auto Ordinance 1911" with little detail and one bad pic. Price was decent and I talked him down some. Seemed like a college kid who just did not want "that old gun". Not the first time I have bought an "old gun" someone did not want. Got home to look it over. It is indeed a Auto Ordinance Corp 1911 SLIDE, but it is sitting on a Caspian Arms frame. I had to look them up I knew so little of 1911s. So it seems this is a custom built 1911 with top grade internals, Novak sights, custom "paint", and a sweet tune. The trigger is almost too light. :)

Luckily I had a Boyt soft case that just happened to have green padding inside. LOL

Caspian 1911.jpg

My 1965 vintage Colt Commercial with Van Horne high ride holster, and rosewood/ivory grips.

H3m4zB7l.jpg

XiuAZtJl.jpg

Thats a sweet colt

Thanks! It's also got the same year Colt Ace Conversion Kit with it. Still new in box, with all the original paperwork, and a $68 receipt! Plus two mags instead of the single that came in the kit.

vPUz7i8l.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top