JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Newest acquisition, Tisas 1911a1 Service. Not too shabby at all for $299. Nice case, two 8-rd mags, wrench, and cleaning kit.
No complaints.

View attachment 1282698 View attachment 1282699
Picked this up at Rural King for Black Friday.
$296, $328 out the door. Shoots great.

Joe

Screenshot_20221203-153702_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20221203-153639_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20221203-153502_Gallery.jpg

My wife has a Tiffany Blue Glock and would love these grips on her 1911.

HARDBALLER! What a great name for a 1911. Rare piece. How's it shoot?
Not just a HARDBALLER, but a LONGSLIDE HARDBALLER!!!

GO long or be ready for female disappointment.

After some work to remove the galling of the soft stainless and using gun grease, mine works great.

After some work to remove the galling of the soft stainless and using gun grease, mine works great.
I forgot there was a Hardballer that wasn't a long slide. I've heard about them for years, but like a Coonan, I've never seen one in person. I'd rather have the Longslide, just because. I'll bet the velocity increase is noticeable.

Did this one for my dad for father's Day last year! Taurus 1911 Valkyrie dynamics grips and break, Wilson combat ambi safety, grip screws and bushings and the cerakote in colbalt black and university gold! was my first time doing cerakote so has a few flaws

IMG_20210725_125143.jpg IMG_20210725_125118.jpg

HARDBALLER! What a great name for a 1911. Rare piece. How's it shoot?
Punches holes like a dream - accurate as hell, what with that longer sight radius. Had some issues with it not locking back upon empty a coupla years ago, and finally figured out that the mags needed new springs. Local gunsmith gifted me the right springs, and I was off to the races again.

:s0140:
I forgot there was a Hardballer that wasn't a long slide. I've heard about them for years, but like a Coonan, I've never seen one in person. I'd rather have the Longslide, just because. I'll bet the velocity increase is noticeable.
I have no idea what the MV might be, since I've never chrono'ed it. Would like to know myself... :s0092:

I have no idea what the MV might be, since I've never chrono'ed it. Would like to know myself... :s0092:
Paul Harrell did a video on just that, specifically with HP bullets. The velocity difference between 5" and 6" barrels was insignificant HOWEVER it was just enough to push some bullets that had trouble expanding fast enough to expand. Those videos converted me to the 185 grain .45 camp, possibly to 200 grain.

mine is 6973. bought it about 6 months ago. I installed a conventional recoil spring in it, installed a regular steel firing pin, and all related springs.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top