JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL!

I don't know if they are "Legos", but my wife bought a large supply of such construction toys for our little ones. Stepping on them is indeed no good. Maybe they are the next advancement in "area deniability weapons". :s0165:
9FDBC47E-64C6-4A4B-A1F4-49F97F5F8F3F-1690-000002B4573BF751_tmp.jpg

Common use places an "s" there. Since it's common use and I'm not writing a term paper, I'm going to forgive myself.
You're welcome to of course, the nation of America commonly mis uses this term, among others, including the latest craze of making words up; "acrossed"

I have also noticed that when a two word term is the norm, the contraction used in the states favours the opposite on the description Vs the rest of the world - see truck instead of pickup (truck), semi instead of (semi\articulated) truck, software instead if (software) application, Lego instead of (Lego) bricks.

That's a long winded setup, but causes problems on many of them, so back to Lego, the problem now is that it gets incorrectly pluralized, the plural belongs to bricks, not the companies name.

You're welcome to of course, the nation of America commonly mis uses this term, among others, including the latest craze of making words up; "acrossed"

I have also noticed that when a two word term is the norm, the contraction used in the states favours the opposite on the description Vs the rest of the world - see truck instead of pickup (truck), semi instead of (semi\articulated) truck, software instead if (software) application, Lego instead of (Lego) bricks.

That's a long winded setup, but causes problems on many of them, so back to Lego, the problem now is that it gets incorrectly pluralized, the plural belongs to bricks, not the companies name.
We just take the brick part out, so I guess I should have used an apostrophe. However that leads to another issue in which there is confusion about possession.
I can't say which abbreviation is correct or not, but common use seems to be appropriate in candid conversation.
You know what would be nice? Lego candy! Has anyone ever had any, and tried to see if they stack up like legos? o_O
I'm sure somebody has! I tend not to eat that type of candy, as it tastes disgusting.

Stop posting that, you're going to make me spend money.

It's very common for brands to be used here (I noticed) so this would be the same as using Kleenexes. Common vernacular it may be, but I think that has come from no one questioning what they're hearing, and just repeating. It's a European name, so despite being known over here, people were not so familiar with it.

And I shall not stop posting that beautiful wood stock, my plan is to force your hand ;)

IMG_20180304_193022.jpg

Our Remington 740, very low serial numbers made 2 months after the first one was made. Clean rails hardly used, shoots awesome...............or I mean did before that tragic boat accident. Very fun to shoot no real recoil to speak of compared to a bolt action.

Rem%20740.jpg

Now if only they'd make legos for Fallout...

Who wouldn't want a lego model of a post apocalyptic city in ruins?

See, thats the beauty of building in Legos - you can build pretty much anything you can imagine. They even have weapons *gasp* - and little Lego dogs, you can make your own post apocalypse environment, and have your wanderer and Dog Meat explore it. There are places that do custom minifigs too.

I always wanted Star Trek Lego sets, but Lego never sought that license. Screw the Snowflake Falcon, gimme the Defiant and the Enterprise. :D

I went off Lego when they started simplifying all their kits, instead of forming shapes with small bricks, they just preformed them, taking the skill and imagination out :(

Some of that has returned in their larger\adult kits though.

See, thats the beauty of building in Legos - you can build pretty much anything you can imagine. They even have weapons *gasp* - and little Lego dogs, you can make your own post apocalypse environment, and have your wanderer and Dog Meat explore it. There are places that do custom minifigs too.

I always wanted Star Trek Lego sets, but Lego never sought that license. Screw the Snowflake Falcon, gimme the Defiant and the Enterprise. :D
Lot of filing, shaping, and painting to build something like this....

2012-10-08_00009.jpg

Semi doesn't actually refer to articulation. The term was once "semi-trailer" as in a semi-supported trailer. It supports itself at the rear and a tractor supports it at the front. We also often call it a tractor/trailer. But ain't no nevemind nohow. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top