Portland....

Reactions
Hey guys,

I rarely travel to Portland but my GF wants to go for her birthday next week and was wondering what kind of things are there to do. Any must hit places and attractions for tourist and visitors?? Also what are must have food places to get and a nice resturant to have dinner at?

Joe13

Reactions
If you like sea food - Jakes is spendy but worth it.

Steaks I'd go - Ringside or Morton's

Reservations for all the above.

Japanese gardens are nice this time of year.

Powell Books

jbett98

Reactions
What's your girlfriends favorite hobby?
My wife's is spinning/knitting, so when I visit a large city, I always try and find a new yarn store so she can check out the latest stuff that she gets so worked up about.

etrain16

Reactions
A lunch or dinner cruise on the Portland Spirit would be a good choice for a birthday. It's a nice little cruise down the river. Another option is Portland City Grill - good food and a great view of the city.

Another option for a great view of the city is to take the Portland Aerial Tram up to OHSU for a great view of the city. Only $4 each to ride.

ron

Reactions
You are an evil, evil man. :D
BEER...... Micro brew capitol of the world AKA 'Beervana' Henry's 12th Street bar
over 100 beers on tap. Green Dragon, Horse Brass, many many breweries.
Many great restaurants, Toro Bravo, Oba, Shut up and eat, Screen Door
many excellent one of a kind restaurants. When someone recommends a
place I suggest you look at Portland Yelp for the reveiws.
http://www.yelp.com/c/portland/restaurants

Certaindeaf

Reactions
If she's cool she'll like the Montage.. under the east side of the Morrison St. bridge.. has like 30,000 wines and one beer.. Rainier. get the beer and one a the mac and cheeses and perhaps some alligator or frog leg jambalaya or somesuch.

Reactions
You have to work pretty hard to find a genuinely "dangerous" or "nut job" part of town...for a good bit of meat, Laurelhurst Market or Portland Prime...or Ringside...as far as entertainment, depends on what you like. Bookstores and other types of shopping are well-represented. Otherwise there isn't a ton to do other than sample various bars or restaurants. Montage is a funky experience and Pok-Pok is tough (expect a long wait) to beat for Asian fare... Salt and Straw for oddly pleasing flavors of ice cream...Deschutes brewpub, I'm sure others will offer additional considerations. Stumptown is a big town, tiny city...

Certaindeaf

Reactions
A little gem for me is Portland Brewing Company.. I think they might have changed their name (?) but anyway.. (I think they started trading publicly around eight or so years ago).. off the main track but rockin good stuff for true.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom