JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tippy Canoe and Tad's Chicken and Dumplings (or something) wouldn't kill a soul. they're out kinda Troutdale way. that's what cars are for though, last I heard anyway

Tippy Canoe and Tad's Chicken and Dumplings (or something) wouldn't kill a soul. they're out kinda Troutdale way. that's what cars are for though, last I heard anyway
I've tried Tad's twice and both times found the food very bland. I won't go back. Tippy Canoe is good. If its in the next few days I'd find somewhere you can sit outside. Wife and I had a wonderful dinner at the Hedge House in SE. Sat outside, I had a few beers and really great food.

Great suggestions so far... gonna check some places out.. as far as keeping my hand near my hip..I dont have a OR cpl so that sucks. I'll most likely just have my knife, some pepper spray and maybe a rape whistle and that's just for club sesso lol :s0112:... So does is pretty bubblegumty at night in Portland? i'm starting to regret not having a OR cpl.

I've tried Tad's twice and both times found the food very bland. I won't go back. Tippy Canoe is good. If its in the next few days I'd find somewhere you can sit outside. Wife and I had a wonderful dinner at the Hedge House in SE. Sat outside, I had a few beers and really great food.
I hear you.. chicken and dumplings are.. chicken and dumplings.. it's still a good place to go wid da chika's and they make that as good as can be made I think.

Great suggestions so far... gonna check some places out.. as far as keeping my hand near my hip..I dont have a OR cpl so that sucks. I'll most likely just have my knife, some pepper spray and maybe a rape whistle and that's just for club sesso lol :s0112:... So does is pretty bubblegumty at night in Portland? i'm starting to regret not having a OR cpl.
Wife and I spend a good amount of time in SE, we are big fans of the breweries a distilleries and have never had a problem. We've been to clubs in SW where my brother's bands play and thing feel more sketchy, but I can say we've never run into a problem. We both keep our heads on swivels and while we are not paranoid we are always aware of our surroundings. If things don't feel right we have no qualms bugging out. Frankly I am more concerned about running over some douche on his bicycle then getting mugged.

My brother lives in NE and he has had some issues with people casing his cars and confronted one guy who was carrying a gun.

I think it's best to not have a thought. Heck, you'll be tripping over world class food carts and whatnots.. when you get hungry, go forth. patent pending
lol

Portland city grill on the 30th floor of the us bank corp tower. Best view in ptown.
Spendy, but happy is awesome!

Food and beer pretty much anywhere you go. If you have a change of clothes and there running the portland jet boat tour is awesome. Bring ziplock baggies for your goods cause you will get wet. Sit in the back.

If your into chix wings go to fire on the mountain.

Voodoo donuts.

Henry's is a great place for fun, great food, pool tables, etc fills up at night though.

There's a dechutes brewery that is my favorite and a 10 barrel coming soon.

And don't forget a nice walk down 23rd in northwest.

Then there is Jazz de Opus, real wood fired prime rib steaks. Last time I was there, if its still open. Pazzos' Ristorante for Italian. Both are great atmosphere and not too high end compared to Mortons.

Montage is still great food, but oh boy the atmosphere! Kinda a younger thing if ya ask me. Yes bring your Bear Spray when in and around downtown portland.

That would make my night for entertainment!

Shirley Tippy Canoe outside Troutdale is awesome. Some of the best Home Style with flair cooking I have had in a long time and very reasonable considering the portions.

Treated like a King every time I have been there. Home made chicken fried steak and eggs, real skillet fried potatoes, with no yuppies!

El Gaucho for steaks. $$$$$$ but they do things right. The service is outstanding. Tad's is great for atmosphere, but avoid the chicken and dumplings. Their NY steak on the other hand is amazingly awesome and the atmosphere can't be beat.

Steaks: Saylors Old Country Kitchen. Even though they are a steak place they have the best halibut in Portland. For expensive steaks (yeah, you gotta dress up) with a great view, then Portland City Grill on the 30th floor.

Views: Multnomah Falls, Crown Point, Portland City Grill, the Portland Aerial Tram, great and free view from the top of Rocky Butte

Cool Stuff: Saturday Market, micro brews everywhere, food carts everywhere, Powell's Books (entire city block, largest book store west of the Mississippi), gawking at the freaky dudes and dudettes who are usually protesting something downtown, volcanic crater in Mt Tabor.

Then there is Jazz de Opus, real wood fired prime rib steaks. Last time I was there, if its still open. Pazzos' Ristorante for Italian. Both are great atmosphere and not too high end compared to Mortons.

Montage is still great food, but oh boy the atmosphere! Kinda a younger thing if ya ask me. Yes bring your Bear Spray when in and around downtown portland.

That would make my night for entertainment!

Shirley Tippy Canoe outside Troutdale is awesome. Some of the best Home Style with flair cooking I have had in a long time and very reasonable considering the portions.

Treated like a King every time I have been there. Home made chicken fried steak and eggs, real skillet fried potatoes, with no yuppies!

Sorry man, Jazz de Opus closed in 2003.

Saylers Old Country Kitchen has great steaks and not too expensive, and everyone says you must stop by VooDoo Donuts. It is one of the things that keeps Portland weird.
This is good advice, but instead (and my favorite steak house) I would go to Ruth's Chris Steak house (on Broadway). Then walk a couple of blocks to Huber's (on 3rd) for an unforgettable Spanish Coffee (or 2). Stop at 2 if you wanna do anything else that evening... o_O

You need to get a new girlfriend. One who would rather go camping, fishing, boating, shooting or anything else other than going to Portland. I drive through Portland sometimes, go there for medical appointments 3 times a year, but I never go there because I want to go there.

I am fortunate that my wife dislikes Portland as much as I do and would rather go to Fishermans Corner for lunch and the Tillamook Cheese factory for ice cream, or go bird watching somewhere.

The most terriblest print ad I've ever seen (it was a glossy on phonebooks etc.) came from/was made by/for Saylers Steakhouse (or whatever).. perhaps the selfsame still is still being used or whatever.
Anyway, back in my stud days, I had a two for one coupon or something and went there.. oof.. no thanks please

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top