JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I rarely travel to Portland but my GF wants to go for her birthday next week and was wondering what kind of things are there to do. Any must hit places and attractions for tourist and visitors?? Also what are must have food places to get and a nice resturant to have dinner at?

If you like sea food - Jakes is spendy but worth it.

Steaks I'd go - Ringside or Morton's

Reservations for all the above.

Japanese gardens are nice this time of year.

Powell Books

Lmao club sesso.... I'll pass on that. Jakes seafood looks like a good bday dinner place.. anything else for must have food or tourist sites... tours? Views.

Multnomah Falls, that's up the Coloumbia Gorge a bit. One of the most photographed sites in the region.
Chinese Garden
East Bank Esplanade
PDX has, almost, too many excellent restaurants to list!:)
Enjoy your trip! SRG

What's your girlfriends favorite hobby?
My wife's is spinning/knitting, so when I visit a large city, I always try and find a new yarn store so she can check out the latest stuff that she gets so worked up about.

A lunch or dinner cruise on the Portland Spirit would be a good choice for a birthday. It's a nice little cruise down the river. Another option is Portland City Grill - good food and a great view of the city.

Another option for a great view of the city is to take the Portland Aerial Tram up to OHSU for a great view of the city. Only $4 each to ride.

You are an evil, evil man. :D
BEER...... Micro brew capitol of the world AKA 'Beervana' Henry's 12th Street bar
over 100 beers on tap. Green Dragon, Horse Brass, many many breweries.
Many great restaurants, Toro Bravo, Oba, Shut up and eat, Screen Door
many excellent one of a kind restaurants. When someone recommends a
place I suggest you look at Portland Yelp for the reveiws.
http://www.yelp.com/c/portland/restaurants

If she's cool she'll like the Montage.. under the east side of the Morrison St. bridge.. has like 30,000 wines and one beer.. Rainier. get the beer and one a the mac and cheeses and perhaps some alligator or frog leg jambalaya or somesuch.

You have to work pretty hard to find a genuinely "dangerous" or "nut job" part of town...for a good bit of meat, Laurelhurst Market or Portland Prime...or Ringside...as far as entertainment, depends on what you like. Bookstores and other types of shopping are well-represented. Otherwise there isn't a ton to do other than sample various bars or restaurants. Montage is a funky experience and Pok-Pok is tough (expect a long wait) to beat for Asian fare... Salt and Straw for oddly pleasing flavors of ice cream...Deschutes brewpub, I'm sure others will offer additional considerations. Stumptown is a big town, tiny city...

A little gem for me is Portland Brewing Company.. I think they might have changed their name (?) but anyway.. (I think they started trading publicly around eight or so years ago).. off the main track but rockin good stuff for true.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top